First Game Using Black Ops

Started by bigjackmac, 28 May 2020, 05:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

28 May 2020, 05:08:49 AM Last Edit: 28 May 2020, 05:11:09 AM by bigjackmac
All,

Two days ago a wealthy businessman was abducted off the coast of Oman while on a chartered fishing expedition.  Section 20 immediately went to work and less than 48 hours later they had confirmed the abductee's location in a small fishing village near Sur, Oman, right down to the house he was being held in.  The planners of the Command Element immediately went to work, working up a plan, setting in motion the logistics and transportation elements.  Not long after the shooters of Section 20 had donned their gear and were entering the water, beginning their swim into the target area.

The fight is happening on my new mat from War Sigil.

With some freshly painted dudes from Khurasan.

0330 local time, the commandos come out of the water in the shelter of some fishing boats, then begin crossing the beach.

Bravo 05 (bottom left) covers as Bravo 04 hops the wall and sneaks up to the trees (center, from bottom left), stalking a nearby sentry.

Then silently eliminates him.

As the Assault Element moves up the street.

And Bravo 08 eliminates another sentry with his suppressed weapon.

But the Security Element (top left) runs into big trouble when an enemy patrol shows up out of nowhere and fierce firefight breaks out in the center of town!

Which causes the enemy commander to raise the alarm!

Which brings even more bad guys!

Including a suicide bomber!

The Assault Element reaches the objective building...

But the enemy commander has already dashed inside, intent on shooting the hostage!

To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
https://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2020/05/operation-vigilant-sentinel-1.html

So that was a lot of fun, and we'll be playing again next weekend.

V/R,
Jack

pierre the shy

You and your boys must have had a real blast playing that game Jack......interesting escape route for the Bravo team.....certainly not one I was expecting  ;)

Don't know how you find the time to play, photograph and write up all your games but keep them coming.....they're great!! :)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

What a cheat !  ;)

Mixing in photo's of real people, instead of cutting some models in half.  ;D

Great report, Jack !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

bigjackmac

Pierre - Yessir, we certainly did!  And all I can say is that Coronavirus has been very good to me in terms of painting and gaming; soon I'm going to have to take a total break for awhile, before my wife kills me...

Ian - Agreed.

Phil - Yeah, cutting dudes in half was a bridge too far for me ;)

Steve - Thanks!

V/R,
Jack

Techno

Quote from: bigjackmac on 28 May 2020, 03:05:14 PM

Phil - Yeah, cutting dudes in half was a bridge too far for me ;)Jack

Gimme strength !   X_X ;)

I'm trying to teach Lemmey learn how to 'do' 'chainmail' and 'scalemail', at the mo' (remotely, I hasten to add.).....If he'll have a go at that, I'm sure you could 'chop' a figure. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep 'em coming, Matey. :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

bigjackmac

Hey, Lemmey is at least thrice the man I am!

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Probably 4 x with this lockdown ..
As to the sculpting, 7 more to do, 41 done today. @-) @-) @-)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bigjackmac