Refuse to post

Started by hammurabi70, 26 May 2020, 02:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammurabi70

I am regularly getting a non-post response from the system when trying to post, which tells me there is a problem and if it happens again to contact the administrator.  Do others get this? Any idea how long it lasts? If I come back a few hours later the problem seems to have gone away.

jimduncanuk

Never happened to me.
My Ego forbids a signature.

hammurabi70

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 26 May 2020, 02:27:51 PM
Never happened to me.

System claims there is a database error. It would seem I can post here but not on the thread with my query!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Does the thread have an apostrophe in the title? If it does, it has to be removed before posting.
Or, it's an old thread and 'full.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 26 May 2020, 02:38:56 PM
System claims there is a database error. It would seem I can post here but not on the thread with my query!

Which thread is causing the probs, 'H' ?....We'll see if we get the same result.

The apostrophe 'bug' usually gives a 'Hacking Attempt' reply.... :-\

As Will says....It may be that the thread is 'full'....Think that happens around the 200 page mark.....But don't quote me on that. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Don't think I've ever seen a full thread Phil. I occasionally get a can't be posted, retry, followed by "this has been submitted" , which it ain't. A screen shot of the message you are getting H would help.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

The original 'Tale of Four Gamers' thread, Ian.  :)

191 pages. I just tried to post after the final post, as an experiment, and got 'database error'....and it didn't want to play.

I think, a while ago, we treated that particular thread as 'full'...hence starting a second 'Four Gamers' thread.

191 pages seems a strange number to cause a problem....So I assume it's just the volume of the actual posts on there, that's casing the prob.
(But you know what a complete computer genius I am....So who knows. =O =O =O =O)

Cheers - Phil

hammurabi70

I was posting with a quote on Operation Chunkybandit. Of course it now posts! Next time it comes up I will try and take a screen shot for posting here.  It claims that there is a database error and to report it if it happens again.  Seems to be every few days / once a week.

Techno

Sod's law says, that now you've put that down, it won't happen again.  :)

Cheers - Phil

hammurabi70

Quote from: Techno on 27 May 2020, 07:14:34 AM
Sod's law says, that now you've put that down, it won't happen again.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Correct!   :-[  Not had another problem after a series of issues running over several weeks.  Technology ... great stuff ... except when it is not.

Steve J

The wonders of the modern World!

Techno

Hear, hear !  ;D

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Never in my case, Nobby !!...(Apart from virtually every single time.)

Cheers - Phil ;)