My museum has made the news!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 23 May 2020, 09:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

For those of you who don't know, I volunteer with the Military Intelligence Museum Museum at Chicksands, and we made it onto the BBC news website today. :D
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52755565?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/europe&link_location=live-reporting-story
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Techno

Very cool, Will ! 8)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shutuphippie

2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Cool - and interesting find and story.

Do you have a link to the museum? At some point I should be back down that way as my brother in law lives between Northampton and Bedford
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

What a fascinating adjunct to your wargaming activities, Lemmey.   :-bd

Turning to the BBC article, I was left wondering what kind of sicko would want Himmler's slippers, shaving foam and razor blades. But I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

British Army, if it's not nailed down, Its fair game (We also have a lump of Hitler's desk and a vial of his 'vitamins' wgich are probably speed)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 May 2020, 11:58:02 PM
British Army, if it's not nailed down, Its fair game (We also have a lump of Hitler's desk and a vial of his 'vitamins' wgich are probably speed)

A relative of mine had a variant on that from his time in the Army in WW2 - "If it's not nailed down it's mine ... if it is nailed down, pass me a claw hammer" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

My first encounter with the museum was as a young Intellignece Corps soldier in 1971, when it was The Intelligence Corps Museum at Templer Barracks at Ashford.  I thought it was a shame that it lost its identity when it moved to Chicksands. 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

But we gained the Medmanham Collection.

Just wish the Navy would cobtribute...

Hopefully when they finally move to Milton Bryan