The Battle for San Pietro - Game 2

Started by Steve J, 20 May 2020, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Techno

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Another great looking and interesting game, an exciting twist :)

As you mention campaigns definitely impact decision making in a more realistic way. I like the small narrative campaign idea and may try and play one this year :-\
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report.

You know teh Rubicon is fordable for it's entire length, when it's not dried up!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

@ PaulR. Definitely give small narrative campaigns a go as they are fun and the result of one game sort of leads to the next one and so one. I broadly sketch out a plan of the actions and simple maps, then add detail after each battle. Nice and simple but it works for me.

@ Mad Lemmey. I know but I couldn't think of a good title or another river, so went with the Rubicon out of sheer laziness!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 May 2020, 09:05:40 PM
You know teh Rubicon is fordable for it's entire length, when it's not dried up!

It's also somewhere in northern Italy . . .

bigjackmac

Great fight, Steve, and wow, I did not see that coming, though maybe I should have as that's actually the second time this week I've read a batrep where Italian defenders carried the day against what appeared to be an overwhelming British assault (the other was over on Peter's "Grid-Based Wargaming" blog, the fight set in North Africa).

Things looked bleak, indeed, when first the Semovente went down, followed by the 47mm ATG, but a great turn when "Super Mario" arrived, followed by the Charge of the Light Tankette Brigade. 

I patiently await fight #3.

V/R,
Jack

Steve J