Not for Orcs

Started by paulr, 20 May 2020, 06:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 20 May 2020, 11:55:23 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D

What is worrying, is that I recognise that situation.

The only difference being that my Devil looks looks Anne Hathaway and stands proudly in a Centurion Tank turret.

My angel is prone, behind a Boys AT rifle. Poor bloke's face is in the dirt so I can't hear a word he's saying. 

Anne Hathaway besides being very attractive is a very nice lady .  My nephews wife (niece-in-law??) was in the film Les Miserables with her. My niece-in-law was suffering from morning sickness and she said that Anne Hathaway was always looking after her and getting her bottles of water.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Awww! Now I just have to love her even more.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

My angel is prone, behind a Boys AT rifle. Poor bloke's face is in the dirt so I can't hear a word he's saying. 

;D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Quote from: mmcv on 20 May 2020, 12:20:58 PM
The devil will always win....willpower only lasts so long...

I've been going through much a similar process with the Greeks and Romans and pretty much whole ancients range  X_X

And then, of course, there's the Japanese range that'll be out soon too...
Any year now....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sean66

I go through the same process every week  :'(
spend a week debating to myself, then decide to buy (could of saved the debate time as I always end up buying).
then it starts all over again (I need to stop A. reading books, magazines wargames blogs. B. going into shops C. going out generally)  ;D

Last/this week started reading Last of the Mohicans. looked on Pendraken French Indian Wars, Ooh nice shiney but no!  :o
then Leon posted the painted pictures up !!!! my resolve crumbled faster than a sand wall on Redcar Beach  8)
one order for said Indians now on its way !!!!!!
Regards
Sean

mmcv

I'm trying to be good and not start any new projects until I get at least one of my current ones to a state of playability.

Unfortunately I have five or six strong contenders pulling at me to start them or suggesting they're not really a new project, just a (very tenuous) expansion of another one. By a few centuries.

Orcs

Most of my projects are in a state of playability, I just find more things to add to them.

I havev been trying for the last couple of years to actually fiish projects so I don't bother looking at expanding, but it does not work very well
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mmcv

Quote from: Orcs on 21 August 2020, 11:08:37 AM
Most of my projects are in a state of playability, I just find more things to add to them.

I havev been trying for the last couple of years to actually fiish projects so I don't bother looking at expanding, but it does not work very well

I wasn't aware that finishing a project was something you could actually do? Certainly once I get any of my current ones to a state of playability I already have 2 or 3 expansion phases planned, but that's not a new project so that's fine!

I do have two that I might, possibly, be able to one day consider "finished" but I suspect I'll find an expansion point to them at some point down the line.

But definitely want to at least try and get one or two more projects over the line to give me a bit of playing diversity.

sean66

I don't think I've ever "Finished" a project  :o
but in my defense its all this damn working away  8)
I think I nearly finished my 6mm Cold War Commander Soviet tank Division (for the one of the Cold War Commanders games)
set just outside Hannover but then got myself sent back to Germany to work.
current projects:
6mm Star wars (in various stages of build)
10mm Bush wars (undercoated)
10mm French Indian wars (in post)
I wont even list my "long term" projects
regards
Sean

fred.

Quote from: Orcs on 21 August 2020, 11:08:37 AM

See it was all just a bluff, Orcs is a good gamer and isn't finishing anything, he is just fishing for more things to add...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Quote from: mmcv on 21 August 2020, 11:40:03 AM
I wasn't aware that finishing a project was something you could actually do? ....

I have one "finished" project, the entire Bulgarian navy of 1912 :D

Torpedo GunboatNadezhda
Torpedo boatsDrazki
Letyashti
Smeli
Strogi
Hrabri
Shumni
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well I have the entire Costa Rican army (they dont have one)  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 20 May 2020, 07:01:00 AM
Very nice indeed. I do wonder about the labels though, as I presume the 'EL' stands for 'Elephant' and it would be hard to mistake these for anything else ;) :D.
Have you never been tricked by the "Camel disguised as elephant" trick.
Very convincing, I fall for it every time.

steve_holmes_11

;D ;D ;D ;D

What is worrying, is that I recognise that situation.

The only difference being that my Devil looks looks Anne Hathaway and stands proudly in a Centurion Tank turret.

Heresy!!

Everybody knows that God's own anti-tank weapon is the P.I.A.T.