10mm commission painters

Started by notmatthew, 16 May 2020, 12:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notmatthew

Hello!  I am hoping you may be able to tell me about reputable commission 10mm painters.

I paint a ton, but I cannot keep up with the endless flow of 10mm models showing up in the mail :)

I have had a not so great experience with a trader on ebay at 10mm, a so so experience with 6mm, and one good experience with 6mm.  Three experiences with one bad and only one good is not promising!

There are a few factions I have a great motivation to put on the table and llay with, but for whatever reason I am not wanting to paint them myself as I am drawn to the same old armies that have always been my favorites. 

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mollinary

Kev Rouse, who paints a lot of the samples on the Pendraken Catalogue, takes commissions. I have had large numbers of figures painted by him, to a universally excellent standard, and totally reliable regarding packaging and delivery.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

notmatthew

Would you please send me his contact details?  I love his work if he is the one that does the ancients!

mmcv

This from a guy who knocks out more in a month than many manage in a year... that must be a veritable torrent of lead dropping through your letterbox!

notmatthew

I have piles of it.  The medieval stuff in particular is hard for me to get the motivation to paint.

mollinary

Quote from: notmatthew on 16 May 2020, 01:12:12 PM
Would you please send me his contact details?  I love his work if he is the one that does the ancients!

Hi Matthew,

He is on this  forum as Kev1964. So you could PM him, or I think his email address is on his details. I don't think he did the Ancients, Leon uses a bunch of commission painters as he admirably struggles to illustrate the whole of Pendraken's catalogue. I think Kev's work includes the SYW ranges and most of mid 19th century ranges.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!