just starting a Spainish 1808 campaign.

Started by MartinKnight1333, 14 May 2020, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinKnight1333

might have too many battles if you want to play a scenario out just let me know.  :) ;D

Aksu

Letting you know. Assuming it's acceptable to use 15mm (¡Dios mio!) figures.
Cheers
Aksu

MartinKnight1333

Any size it doesnt matter, we are playing our first battle soon, three of us at our own homes so we can only see and control what we see, requests will be done by text but diced for to see if the aides makes it or not, remeber in this period they may even send upto three aides with the same message :)

MartinKnight1333

Quote from: Aksu on 14 May 2020, 06:24:17 PM
Letting you know. Assuming it's acceptable to use 15mm (¡Dios mio!) figures.
Cheers
Aksu

i have a scenario you can play out, should end up as a Spanish rout if all goes well. :)

Aksu

Hi, sorry I missed your message. I'm currently enjoying a bit of a summer holiday away from my precious figures. I will be back 1st of July.
Cheers,
Aksu

MartinKnight1333

January 19th 1809
(15 minutes per turn).
Turn 1 & 3– The French Division under General DeLaborde in pursuit of the Spanish army of Aragon, supported by the divisional cavalry, crossed the Ebro river to find four brigades of British formed up on the hill to their right, thus allowing the Spanish to reform lines near a small village further south. Delaborde formed line facing the British and awaited the rest of Junot's corps to arrive. Their artillery began to fire on the British lines causing light losses.
Turn 4 – The division under Loison arrives and begins crossing the bridge.
Turn 5 – The cavalry under Fresia, II Corps Dupont, arrives on table S.W. of and behind the Spanish unseen.
Turn 5 – Travots division under Junot arrives
Turn 7 – Fresia's cavalry surprise and charge General Calderes brigade in the rear and in line, laguna's brigade formed square just in time to be saved. Calderes brigade was smashed.
Turn 8 –  The Division Serna formed square also and one brigade occupies the village and defends it.
Turn 9 – Duponts Corps arrive on table, the 1st infantry division of Barbau in column leading
Turn 10 – Delaborde supported by Losion begin an assault on the British left who suffer for flank fire from the relocated French artillery.
Turn 11 – Fresia's cavalry reforms and threatens the Spanish, Travots division closes in on the Spanish but the General became wary and halted due to the arrival of four more brigades of British troops to their front.
Turn 12 – Barbau's Division in repulsed by the British taking losses, it reforms at the base of the hill and will assault again. The British fall back to prevent more flank fire from the French Artillery.
Turn 13 &16 – Travots division is now in line so I Corps is fully deployed and complete, Junots cavalry fill the gap between Junot and Dupont, the other two divisions of II corps do not arrive before nightfall.
Turn 17– Baabau's division again assaults the British 1st brigade under Brigadier General Robert Anstruther, but is thrown back by volley fire and canister, the battery losing half the battery through counter battery by the French.
Turn 18 - Barbau's Division is again repulsed after melee with heavy loses and falls back behind Loisons supporting division.
Turn 19 – Travots divisions moves forward through the olive grove to support Loison's division and to prevent the British fresh troops from flanking Loison.
Turn 20 – The sun has set and darkness falls quickly, the Allies slip away over night general Moore heading back west.

Steve J

Any pics of the action Martin? Would love to see some.

MartinKnight1333

I tried to upload photos but it says my file is too large ??