Hundred Years War - DBA

Started by paulr, 14 May 2020, 09:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

The parcel has now arrived :-bd :-bd :-bd

Gloves have been disposed off and hands sanitised, I now need to leave it in quarantine for 3 days  X_X :-w
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Can you not unwrap the package, wearing gloves, and retrieve the goodies within, Paul ?
No-one could have touched those, since they left Middlesbrough.....Unless any customs officials have had a peek inside the box.

The packaging can then be left to 'decontaminate' before being recycled.

There WERE reports of a certain frequency of UV light that will kill viruses......But not harm ourselves......That's gone very quiet of late. :-\
A shame....that sounded like an exciting discovery.

Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: paulr on 26 May 2020, 01:00:10 AM
The parcel has now arrived :-bd :-bd :-bd

Gloves have been disposed off and hands sanitised, I now need to leave it in quarantine for 3 days  X_X :-w

Cut open the box; pour out the contents onto a tray; recycle box; wash hands?  :-\

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

paulr

Thanks, that's a really good suggestion :)

I'll do that tomorrow, a bit late to start sorting tonight

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: paulr on 26 May 2020, 08:21:09 AM
Thanks, that's a really good suggestion :)

I'll do that tomorrow, a bit late to start sorting tonight

If you want to be extra cautious wear nitrile/latex gloves and you can even start sorting and prepping them: or use tongs/tweezers to pick up the packets.

Since the main route of infection in this type of scenario is touching your face after touching something someone infected has touched, the gloves help by giving you a visual reminder not to do it and you can treat the gloves like an extra layer of epidermis: a thorough wash with soap will remove/kill any viral particles you may pick up!  :-B

paulr

Contents of box successfully decanted and sorting begun :)

Fitting around working from home of course

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: paulr on 27 May 2020, 12:38:14 AM
Contents of box successfully decanted and sorting begun :)

Fitting around working from home of course

Obviously  :-$

I figure that anything hit with a blast of spray primer is either going to be immediately denatured and/or destroyed and/or encased in a paint sarcophagus and so is no longer going to be a infection risk  ;)

Big Insect

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 24 May 2020, 05:32:52 PM
Heraldically speaking, isn't that one of the furs?  So it's actually a fluffy elephant!  :o

Green beaver?  Too much cheese at bedtime?  @-)

Late to the conversation as always (& having done an Advanced City & Guilds in Heraldry in my youth) - the 'fur' on the elephant is Ermine.

I think a green Beaver is something she might need antibiotics for however!

I'll get my coat (of arms!) ...

PS: that Oxford Coat of Arms is not correct for 100years War - best book if yoy want HYW Heraldry is the one from Freezywater Publications. They also fo great Wars of the Roses Heraldry as well.
Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

paulr

I managed to get half the armies sorted yesterday :)

English and French, two armies each, left to sort :!!

paulr

Sorting finished :)

I slightly over ordered ELM14 Peasants with mixed weapons :-[

Not a significant problem, I'll use the extras as more units of Rabble for my ECW armies #:-S

Lots of very nice figures :-bd :) :-bd

Where to start :-\

Possibly the Burgundians :-\

Big Insect

Quote from: paulr on 28 May 2020, 08:10:44 AM
I slightly over ordered ELM14 Peasants with mixed weapons :-[

You can use the peasants to form a French Jacuerie army: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquerie
There are some interesting battles and small sieges they were engaged in. Played as a wild-card (as they attacked both French - nobles & cities - and also the English & Free Companies) - they'd make an interesting addition to the campaign.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

One of the Medieval French armies I'm doing includes the option for up to three elements of Jaquerie ;)

Big Insect

A whole army might be interesting -  ;D

I cannot remember if DBA has 'horde' type elements in it or not - but I suspect the army is probably not much more than a mass of 'horde or levy' with a few Warband for the better equipped ex-feudal retainer types or more motivated rioters and maybe a base or 2 (max) of some Skirmisher of Psiloi types - armed with a mix of bows, slings and xbows. 

paulr

DBA 3.0 has 2 types of horde fast and solid. Lose of neither counts toward breaking the army, which might make it a bit tricky ;)