Rules for Border Reivers

Started by sunjester, 12 May 2020, 11:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Many years ago Richard Tyson and I put together a set of skirmish rules for 16th century Border Reivers, "Hot Trod and Red Hand".

I'd been asked if they are still available because the sites they had previously been published on have disappeared, so I've published them on my blog for anyone who wants them. https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2020/05/hot-trod-red-hand.html

Orcs

Another system we ought to get out again  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nirnman

thanks for letting me download a copy as this is a period I've always been interested as my ancestors have either been highland cattle thieves *from Glencoe )or border rievers

mmcv

Quote from: Nirnman on 12 May 2020, 03:16:12 PM
thanks for letting me download a copy as this is a period I've always been interested as my ancestors have either been highland cattle thieves *from Glencoe )or border rievers

I have it in good authority that one of my ancestors had to flee to Ireland and change his name after he punched the judge who was accusing him of unauthorised livestock procurement.

He was completely innocent I'm sure

DaveH

It is showing an error now when I go to the blog post.

sunjester

Quote from: DaveH on 13 May 2020, 02:38:51 PM
Not sure why that should be, I've just had a look at it and it was OK. Someone has just downloaded a copy a few minutes ago.

Last Hussar

Quote from: mmcv on 12 May 2020, 09:42:53 PM
I have it in good authority that one of my ancestors had to flee to Ireland and change his name after he punched the judge who was accusing him of unauthorised livestock procurement.

He was completely innocent I'm sure

Does innocent in this case mean "Successfully resisted arrest and got away"?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Ithoriel

Quote from: DaveH on 13 May 2020, 02:38:51 PM

I get the following message -

Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy

An error occurred during a connection to accounts.google.com.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this context because the page has an X-Frame-Options policy that disallows it.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Quote from: Last Hussar on 13 May 2020, 06:43:27 PM
Does innocent in this case mean "Successfully resisted arrest and got away"?

Is there another meaning?!

Quote from: Ithoriel on 13 May 2020, 06:43:40 PM

I get the following message -

Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy

An error occurred during a connection to accounts.google.com.

Firefox prevented this page from loading in this context because the page has an X-Frame-Options policy that disallows it.

Might be because it's embedded in the post, trying a different browser may work, or else sunjester may be kind enough to post up the direct link which may work.

Last Hussar

QuoteDoes innocent in this case mean "Successfully resisted arrest and got away"?

Is there another meaning?!

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but Sunjester isn't Australian because one of his forebears was thrown out of Australia for being TOO criminal.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Tried it with both Firefox and Chrome, both refused to connect. Finally got it connecting with Firefox by using an add-on "Ignore x-frame Options" but then it wanted me to log into Google even though I was already logged in. At this point I threw my hands in the air.

Came back to see if there was as direct link available.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

paulr

Quote from: Last Hussar on 13 May 2020, 11:17:02 PM
I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but Sunjester isn't Australian because one of his forebears was thrown out of Australia for being TOO criminal.

I didn't that that was possible ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

sunjester

Raider4