Need Help/Advice/Guidance with 10mm Basing

Started by bigjackmac, 10 May 2020, 06:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

Thanks again, everyone!

My vehicles are already based, so I'm sticking with that (as well as to match the infantry, as I wrote above), and I'm already past using clear bases.

The question, at this point, is whether I can use one set of bases that is either suitable for summer and winter or can easily be transitioned between the two, or use two sets of bases and pry them off/stick them off as needed.  It's looking like the latter, so another order out to Leon ;)

V/R,
Jack

hammurabi70

Quote from: bigjackmac on 12 May 2020, 02:07:12 AM
Thanks again, everyone!

My vehicles are already based, so I'm sticking with that (as well as to match the infantry, as I wrote above), and I'm already past using clear bases.

The question, at this point, is whether I can use one set of bases that is either suitable for summer and winter or can easily be transitioned between the two, or use two sets of bases and pry them off/stick them off as needed.  It's looking like the latter, so another order out to Leon ;)

V/R,
Jack

What do you 'stick' with?

bigjackmac

A glue called E6000, which holds well but I'm still able to pry minis off relatively easily with a knife.

V/R,
Jack

O Dinas Powys

Maybe, after the first pry, attach some magnets: stick one to the base, then attach the second under the vehicle with a blob of Milliput to bridge the gap  :-\
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )