Auran Dominate Spaceships by Studio Bergstrom

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 09 May 2020, 10:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Those ARE fun....Nice one, Will !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Those look really good Will!

I'll second your comment about Drew being one of the nicest guys and agree that he has an amazing stuff on his website.

I have a collection of his "bow-tie" fighters and their allies and opposition :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sunjester

Raider4

Aye, they look great. Rules-wise, GW released Battlefleet Gothic as a living rulebook for a while, copies are probably still available around the 'net. I've tried 5150 Star Navy (from Two Hour Wargames) once or twice and liked it.

Raider4

Quote from: Raider4 on 10 May 2020, 06:05:45 PM
Aye, they look great. Rules-wise, GW released Battlefleet Gothic as a living rulebook for a while, copies are probably still available around the 'net. I've tried 5150 Star Navy (from Two Hour Wargames) once or twice and liked it.

Also Full Thrust available free from Ground Zero Games, but I haven't tried these.

paulr

Fast Play Fleets is a free set that give a fun CRASH BANG WALLOP ZOOM style of game

https://freewargamesrules.fandom.com/wiki/Fast_Play_Fleets_-_Star_Trek

The version at that link is focused on StarTrek but I'm sure you could come up with suitable stats for your ships
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Quote from: Raider4 on 10 May 2020, 06:22:05 PM
Also Full Thrust available free from Ground Zero Games, but I haven't tried these.

Full Thrust is blimin' excellent, in many guises.

The basic and advanced "official rules" up to Fleet Book 2 with exciting aliens are free off of the GZG site. They're no longer "supported" as such - Jon just keeps popping out exciting new models and has left it to FTs many fans to do as they whillt!

There's two main fan projects supporting it -

Starmada - is a subset of new and old and options in a pretty decent balance but is relatively limited in scope.

Continuum - is *everything* and the kitchen sink, intended so you can build Star Fleet (Kirk, Picard, Archer - whatever era!) or Battlestar Galactica or Star Wars or the Honourverse or... and fight them against each other. It's massive and if you tried to use Everything you'd explode!

My favourite is actually "basic" FT with the Fleet Book rules (bettter movement system that isn't quite so "Age of Sail", better balanced ships and points and construction rules) with some "gentleman's agreements" * but *any* "edition" will give you a brilliant game for free!

*Bearing in mind I haven't got it to table in yonks, but do have a large box of spaceships in the loft... there's a few balance issues - the aliens are mostly unbalanced in interesting and lethal ways, fighters and missiles are all/nothing - either you bring enough to wipe out the opposition completely wothout risk or they're completely useless, custom designs are easy to min/max) but overall it's great.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

You also try "Steer for the Third Star on the left"  which are here  https://freewargamesrules.fandom.com/wiki/Steer_for_the_Third_Star_on_the_Left The author is excellent.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sunjester

At Tring we have had a lot of fun with FT in various guises.