The Red Flames Little Bit of Everything Painting Adventures

Started by The Red Flame, 04 May 2020, 04:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Flame

Greetings ladies and gentleman.

Having recently joined the forum, I figured a painting log was in oder to keep track of what I do and for your perusal. I practice the correct manner of wargaming in that I have way too many projects on the go and no army is ever complete. This results in all manner of shennanigans occuring on the paint desk.

Frst up, and since this is the pendraken forum, are some 10mm. The main thing that has drawn me here is the napoleonics, so I ordered a small pack and did a couple of test minis. Here's number 1:

I was pleased with it but it needed tweaking so here, after some tips on the fourm, is number 2:

This was a little slower as I didn't cheat and use a wash but I am happier with it. Need to push the flesh a little more but good otherwise. I shall be using this scheme on the new Peninsular Brits which I will be backing shorlty.

What else do I paint I here you all cry? Here is a selection of my personal work for my various armies:

Repulican Roman Velites in 15mm from War and Empire:

Polish 7tp Tanks in 20mm from Early War Miniatures:

And some Goblin Spear Chukkas from the Evil Empire:

I also dabble in some part time commission work. My latest batch is 28mm War of Spanish Succession Bavarians from Ebor Miniatures. I had been asked to paint four battalions (2 each of Leib Guard and Cologne Electoral Guard) and have completed three so far:

Anyway, I think that is enough for now - hopefully I haven't overwhwelmed you all too much. I am soon to be ordering some ACW from pendraken so hopefully I will have something to show soon in the 10mm scale. However, be prepared from a bit of everything before then.

All the best

David

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shedman

Steve J

mmcv

Great stuff, keep sharing what you do, always good to see.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Great stuff, and a nice coherent set of subjects and scales, NOT!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Great work

Quote from: The Red Flame on 04 May 2020, 04:33:25 PM
...This was a little slower as I didn't cheat and use a wash but I am happier with it...
Using a wash is NOT cheating ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Those are stonking! Especially like the Polish tanks.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Noktu

Your 10mm test subject number 2 is looking great.

If you've got a hold of paint dropper bottles, I find blue tacking the minis on those efficient.

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

pierre the shy

Very nice work David - those WSS flags look particularly impressive  :-bd
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

The Red Flame

Cheers for all the kind words peeps.

Reently I managed to get 8 French line infantry finished up. Had these lying around for ages and painted them up to get them out the way. They may go on eBay to raise funds for the garage conversion.

No photos but currently on the desk are 21 of the Cologne Electoral Guard n 28mm and 24 Republican Romans in 15mm.