Things I have bought or nearly bought due to lockdown

Started by Orcs, 03 May 2020, 08:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Yes same here, mainly bases, paints etc.

Still resisting the Punic wars though, (even DBA armies)- Its been weeks since any lead arrived..  I feel like a lead addict on recovery........ Only one slip half a dozen 42mm WW1 British from Irregular.

Not sure hoe much longer it will go on for - The  Lead addict recovery I mean  :)

So assuming your a lead addict in recovery ,does buying paints , and basses and ancillary items count the same ?

Personally I don't count them as they are expendables.  :D

Mrs Orcs counts all the packages addressed to me as war games stuff - even when the contents are not fo, or are for something to do with the house or garden, OR EVEN when they are for her (like the camera stuff I ordered for her recently) >:( >:( >:(
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Quote from: Orcs on 25 May 2020, 01:04:41 PM

Still resisting the Punic wars though, (even DBA armies)- Its been weeks since any lead arrived..  I feel like a lead addict on recovery........ Only one slip half a dozen 42mm WW1 British from Irregular.

If you do give in, I'll split the load with you. You buy them and paint/base them, then I will help you play with them!  :D :d

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Now I have had some pay come in, I've been spending my money replenishing and resupplying bases, paints, tufts, scatter and figures, howrver, I keep painting the latter.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

So far I'm waiting on three different orders with some figures and some bases and basing material, and have also purchased a few books for research purposes.

One of those packages contains the seeds of two new projects.

I'm also trying to get some custom size metal bases from a very slow to respond eBay seller.

Most of these are pretty small orders though, price wise, spreading the costs out a bit with just keeping things ticking along hobby wise.

DaveH

Quote from: fred. on 05 May 2020, 07:47:14 PM
Thanks - I'll have a look for some UK suppliers - steel shim isn't something I knew of before

Try https://magneticdisplays.co.uk/ - Coritani Magnetic Displays do this in the UK and are wargamer friendly - I have bought stuff from them at the SELWG show a few times.

Raider4

I've been a good boy so far and bought nothing, until I buckled and ordered two of Peter Dennis' Paperboys books - the Castle Assault one and the War of Spanish Succession.

Spent the weekend scanning in the pages, and now I have two medieval armies printed out ready for sticking & cutting, to finally give the One Hour Wargames rules a try.

Orcs

Quote from: sunjester on 25 May 2020, 01:57:05 PM
If you do give in, I'll split the load with you. You buy them and paint/base them, then I will help you play with them!  :D :d

You are such a generous friend  :)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Quote from: Raider4 on 25 May 2020, 04:59:00 PM
I've been a good boy so far and bought nothing, until I buckled and ordered two of Peter Dennis' Paperboys books - the Castle Assault one and the War of Spanish Succession.

Spent the weekend scanning in the pages, and now I have two medieval armies printed out ready for sticking & cutting, to finally give the One Hour Wargames rules a try.

so do these count as feeding your addiction???

DaveH

Not yet bought anything in Lockdown though I have some money sitting in my Paypal account that I do intend to use for wargaming stuff.

I'm likely to pick up Bob Cordery's Portable Colonial Wargame book then look about getting my Pendraken Zulus and British onto the table. After that I might be coming back for some figures for the Sudan wars.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 25 May 2020, 08:18:55 PM
You still want stuff painting Orcs? ;)

Yes but life and work  is getting in the way of sorting them out. Hopfully havev a look tommorow

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Macsen Wledig

Bought Sue Laflin-Barker's Start Ancient Wargaming with DBA 3.0 Kindle Edition yesterday. I didnt need it because I have a hard copy but at £6.78 I felt I couldnt pass it up  :P

Techno

I'd like to buy a haircut.

Goodness knows when I'll be able to do that.

Cheers - A very scruffy git.

Steve J

I treated myself to Bob Cordery's Colonial Wargaming book, which I look forward to receiving. Will also 'buy' some Nappies stuff via the not-kickstarter currently being run by Leon & Co.

As for haircuts, luckily we still have some clippers at home from when our son was young. A Godsend as my hair is thick and grows fast, so in this weather I would have probably tried shaving it all off, which could have been nasty!