Hello!!

Started by The Red Flame, 03 May 2020, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Welcome!

Epic has a great set of minis - we still use them quite a lot and there is quite a bit of new stuff out there too. Moved on with rules a bit, but lots of people still like the original flavours of epic.

Sharpe Practise for the ACW in 10mm is certainly a niche option! But you should be able to get loads of stuff from Pendraken for your forces - well worth having a look in some of the historically nearby ranges to add some more unusual or non-combatant units - in 10mm a different paint job often suffices for a conversion!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 May 2020, 04:26:26 PM
Welcome Dave, let me give you my habitual assessment of the forum. It is warm, welcoming, well read, well informed, willing to help, weird and wacky by turns. Enjoy!

Nobby, he slandering us again, claiming we are weird  :)

For the record - I am not weird, my Psychiatrist told me neither of my personalities were weird  :D :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

The Red Flame

Quote from: Orcs on 03 May 2020, 07:37:24 PM
Nobby, he slandering us again, claiming we are weird  :)

For the record - I am not weird, my Psychiatrist told me neither of my personalities were weird  :D :D

That's good - I wouldn't want to be joining a site with any weirdo's!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I intend on getting a painting log set up soon and I need to work out my Pennisular Naps pledge ASAP as well. Busy times.

fsn

No. Nobody weird here.

Nobody.

Nah. All normal. Everyone.

Well. Normal for Pendraken.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

As I learned in my time in Yorkshire," The 'ole world's queer 'cept me an' thee, an' I'm not too sure abaht thee!"

or, if you prefer an internet meme,

"Everybody is somebody else's weirdo."

:) :) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Howdy!
Looking forward to seeing your ACW units...

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!