Great Wargaming Survey 2020

Started by mmcv, 01 August 2020, 01:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I would say the question is 28mm biased.
2500 28mm would be several large armies, in 10mm it's a couple of corps, so it's a scale thing again...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: mad lemmey on 05 August 2020, 07:13:13 AM
I would say the question is 28mm biased.
2500 28mm would be several large armies, in 10mm it's a couple of corps, so it's a scale thing again...

I started doing the sums on my old H&R Napoleonics.
120 men per battalion, 12 battalions per division (24 per Corps) and you're there.

OldenBUA

I asked about the maximum number of figures on the DMW facebook page where Jasper also posted this.

Also, something I did not see mentioned before is that one of the raffle prizes is a 10mm starter army from our gracious hosts. Fingers crossed...
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

DaveH

For smaller scales like 2 or 3mm and even to an extent with 6mm you might need to think in terms of blocks rather than figures.

Certainly if someone has a decent sized collection in 6mm or 10mm then 3,000 figures might not be all that big a number compared to in you were looking at 28mm. Though given what wargamers are like with figures even in 28mm it wouldn't be that hard to build up 3,000 figures over the years.