Do not teach your wife to wargame, gentlemen.

Started by FierceKitty, 02 May 2020, 03:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

MM do do one nice peice - Justinian as a mounting block, the only none Pendraken bit in my Sassanian army.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Mmm, I couldn't resist that one either, though the story's probably not true.

I like some MM figures a lot; but others are very dumpy and nondescript.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

mmcv

Sorry I meant Sung/Song. Been a while since I looked at them. Under the medieval range. Nice enough figures but a bit later than I'd like and the conical hats are a bit too distinct to use for substitution, though might work with a little modification and a few may work for officers etc. Got a few samples to see how they looked at one point though haven't painted. Aiming to do Warring States or Han at some point in the future so always on the lookout for suitable figures.

Reiver 10mm don't seem to be available anywhere anymore.

MM seem to be the only ones doing Qin and the figures are a little on the dumpy side from the images in the site, but I have other MM figs that are nice so need to buy a pack at some point and see how they look in person.

The Newline Han are nice, though would be good if they'd a spearman pack and maybe some militia for all those colourful Han rebels.

FierceKitty

When I mentioned that I'd like Midianite Arabs on camels, Newline made one a few days later. Ask them?

I do use IM Song for my Ming, but there's no problem there.

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 May 2020, 03:02:59 AM
When I mentioned that I'd like Midianite Arabs on camels, Newline made one a few days later. Ask them?

I do use IM Song for my Ming, but there's no problem there.

Interesting, I've not had any dealings with them yet, though will likely be getting some bits from them in a few months when I've cleared down the painting queue a bit. Will have to ask and see!

Yeah the Song would work well with the Ming.

FierceKitty

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 May 2020, 11:47:09 AM
They also have regular 4-for-3 sales.

Nice, I'll keep an eye out as I've been eying up their biblical ranges for a while too.

FierceKitty

I've got their Egyptians and Assyrians (Minoans too) - lovely stuff if you fancy wheelie-bins on the battlefield.

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 May 2020, 01:14:57 PM
I've got their Egyptians and Assyrians (Minoans too) - lovely stuff if you fancy wheelie-bins on the battlefield.

Never mind wheelie-bins, get a proper army ... with donkey carts :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Quote from: FierceKitty on 10 May 2020, 01:14:57 PM

Probably going to do a Trojan War style thing first as has lots of opportunities for allies from all over the range that can be expanded into other armies at a future date. May even do up some Pendraken Sarmatians as "Amazons". My wife once showed interest in it when we watched a miniseries about Troy. Maybe I can convince her to have a go at wargaming and experience a string of losses myself...

FierceKitty

Run! Save yourself while you can, brother!