WW2 Infantry with Fez - foot & mounted

Started by zaapark, 08 January 2011, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaapark

Doing some BKC2 North Africa and need some infantry & cavalry wearing a Fez.  Any suggestions ?
chris

Fenton

Could you convert some Colonial Egyptians?...I used to have quite a few and I think a head swap might be easy enough
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Susopect a conversion would be easier. But the only unit I can think of with Fez is the Muslim SS Division.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sunjester

I've been thinking of the same thing for my Italians in the desert, I need troops in fezs for various Fascist Blackshirt and Lybian units.

I don't know what they are like but I keep meaning to look at the SCW Moroccans and WW1 KAR/Askaris and
Tirailleurs Senegalese to see if any on those would do for.

Anyone seen/got any pics to offer?

Graham

zaapark

Quote from: ianrs54 on 09 January 2011, 09:50:48 AM
Susopect a conversion would be easier. But the only unit I can think of with Fez is the Muslim SS Division.

IanS

From what I have read some of the Italian Colonial troops wore a Fez and were very good with a knife  :D
chris

Leon

There are some SCW to come wearing fez's, so they might be of use.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

zaapark

Quote from: Leon on 11 January 2011, 10:08:49 PM
There are some SCW to come wearing fez's, so they might be of use.

Great !!!
chris