70s sillyness

Started by Nouseforausername, 01 May 2020, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nouseforausername

Any chance you would be able to add to/expand the zombies range to include some more 'british' folk horror types. Maybe a priest/vicar character, some 'people of the vilage' British bobbies etc?

On a slight tangent, some spies from the same era would be cool for some spyfi nonsense

Just riffing here. Keep up the great work, and stay safe. :)

Nouseforausername

I forgot to add, some cultists would be fun too

Elliesdad

Some "people of the village". My first thought was (the) Village People.
Yeah, sure. Why not?

Geoff

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Stop putting ideas into people's heads, Will !

Cheers - Phil  ;)

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 01 May 2020, 09:55:32 PM
Stop putting ideas into people's heads, Will !

Cheers - Phil  ;)

The worrying thing is what ideas is he putting in the heads of the next generation as a teacher?/
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Well the world does need more wererabbits.  I'm tired of those floppy eared lettuce munchers putting across this cute and cuddly persona.  We've all seen Watership Down, we know the truth...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 01 May 2020, 10:54:07 PM
Well the world does need more wererabbits.  I'm tired of those floppy eared lettuce munchers putting across this cute and cuddly persona.  We've all seen Watership Down, we know the truth...

But rabbits  do make a nice stew when wrapped in bacon and doused in cider..

This probably works well with Guinea pigs although they are cuter than rabbits 

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 01 May 2020, 10:59:18 PM
This probably works well with Guinea pigs although they are cuter than rabbits 

One of our casters ate guinea pig in South America.  It wasn't even prepped/dressed, they just stuck a skewer up its backside and roasted it.  This simply resulted in a rather bald and browned guinea pig, complete with eyes, ears, teeth and toes.  I think I'd have gone for the salad...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 01 May 2020, 11:15:16 PM
One of our casters ate guinea pig in South America.  It wasn't even prepped/dressed, they just stuck a skewer up its backside and roasted it.  This simply resulted in a rather bald and browned guinea pig, complete with eyes, ears, teeth and toes.  I think I'd have gone for the salad...
Apparently lots of households have a room in the house where they keep the Guinea pigs.  A friend used to have a herd? of them (20+) loose in his garden.  I sent him an artyicle I found on breeding them for meat for developing countries.  If you have a Hog and 6 sows you can eat one a week. There is up to a kilo of meat on each one.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

If you are going to make wererabbits you will also need to make the holy hand grenade of Antioch...of course if you give Phil the job we will never see the things...BEARS?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Done 'em....(Well.....Ordinary bears, anyway)......Got to 'fantasy them up' with armour......Don't know when that's going to be....I've got shed loads of stuff on the go.....and there's a rush job that I've got to turn around quickly, arriving in the next few of days.)

Cheers - Phil :)

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Nouseforausername on 01 May 2020, 07:07:31 PM
Any chance you would be able to add to/expand the zombies range to include some more 'british' folk horror types. Maybe a priest/vicar character, some 'people of the vilage' British bobbies etc?

On a slight tangent, some spies from the same era would be cool for some spyfi nonsense

Just riffing here. Keep up the great work, and stay safe. :)

Sounds like the "Hot Fuzz" theme pack.
Which would be an extremely good thing.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Orcs on 02 May 2020, 01:40:49 AM
Apparently lots of households have a room in the house where they keep the Guinea pigs.  A friend used to have a herd? of them (20+) loose in his garden.  I sent him an artyicle I found on breeding them for meat for developing countries.  If you have a Hog and 6 sows you can eat one a week. There is up to a kilo of meat on each one.

I'm amazed it is that much.
I've seen pictures of the, err "delicacy" and it usually looks like 2 tiny racks or ribs.
My impression was of very little prime meat.
I then reflected that anybody who had never seen a chicken would probably think the same if shown photos of a roasted one and the remaining bones.

Nouseforausername

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 02 May 2020, 08:47:15 AM
Sounds like the "Hot Fuzz" theme pack.
Which would be an extremely good thing.

Yessss! A hot Fuzz pack would be great! 

but I still still with those 70s hammer horror/ folk horror/ spyfi type vibes ;)