Peninsular Napoleonics Not-Kickstarter!

Started by Leon, 01 May 2020, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Leon on 23 November 2020, 04:41:22 PM
I'm just waiting on some pics from John and then I'll put them straight up.  He's almost back to work properly after the heart attack and was making some progress on them when I spoke to him last week, so hopefully we should have something soon.

Here's me doing all the things that I'm supposed to do to avoid being the one that is recovering after a heart attack, making little sacrifices here and there and what happens?

Well I'll tell you.

I put my back out this morning and have been on Voltarol and Paracetamol ever since.

Can't paint, can't play computer games, can't go for a walk, can type but only if I sit up very straight.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 23 November 2020, 08:06:27 PM
I put my back out this morning and have been on Voltarol and Paracetamol ever since.

Can't paint, can't play computer games, can't go for a walk, can type but only if I sit up very straight.

Sorry to hear that Jim, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I think John's been similar, he said how drained and lethargic he feels since the operation and it's taking him some time to get back to just 80-90% of his previous capacity.  He's exercising a lot more and he's getting there slowly.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ray Rivers

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 23 November 2020, 08:06:27 PM

Ouch!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not a lot you can do with a bad back - had one since I was 11.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Hope you feel better soon Jim. I've had perennial back problems since secondary school, especially after half slipping a disc. Putting socks on in the morning is now a constant challenge!

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 24 November 2020, 06:59:43 AM
Putting socks on in the morning is now a constant challenge!

And cutting your toenails !  :'( :'( :'(.......Thank goodness that's not a daily task.

Hope it feels better soon, Jim !!......There are a lot of us here who have a very good idea of what you're going through.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Add in sciatica and the mesh from the hernia repair, and one side is almost impossible to do if I've slept in a bad position, unless I spend around 15 minutes moving about to warm up :(. Oh the joys of getting old and I'm only just 57 :'(

Westmarcher

Quote from: Techno II on 24 November 2020, 07:45:55 AM
And cutting your toenails !  :'( :'( :'(.......Thank goodness that's not a daily task.

Have you tried using your Optivisor?  :-B
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

Jim, hope you recover swiftly! I get times when my back locks up for a few hours and that's bad enough, wouldn't wish it on my enemies, let alone my friends.

Steve, I have a plastic widget you position your socks on then plonk it on the floor and push your foot in. Only needed it for my left foot but it made a huge difference.

These days, as a 67 year old retiree, I have just abandoned sock wearing on all but the most formal of occasions!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Quote from: Westmarcher on 24 November 2020, 11:20:47 AM
Have you tried using your Optivisor?  :-B
yes, but scissors or nail clippers are more effective.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DecemDave

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2020, 03:16:00 PM
Apologies for the delay on things, 2020 hasn't been a great year so far...  The good news is that Tony's started sculpting again and is working on the first batch now.  I think he's going to do the civvies, mule trains, etc first as a bit of an easier job, before jumping into the British.  We'll be moulding the sculpts as soon as they land with us and then we can look at sending your pledges out in batches rather than one big box.

I'll also go with the flow but would prefer to wait for the big batch.  Health of your team more important. And I'm planning a New Years Resolution not to have a painting backlog of more than 4 orders at a time.   :D 

Seasons Greetings.   

Orcs

Quote from: DecemDave on 23 December 2020, 01:08:26 PM

I'm planning a New Years Resolution not to have a painting backlog of more than 4 orders at a time.   :D 

Seasons Greetings.   

=O =O =O =O =O =O

Or was that a backlog of no more than four orders from any one manufacturer? :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

I to am happy to wait until my entire order is complete. Of for you to put them in with other orders I may occasionally make.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Jesus

Hello, why am I not on the list? It just puts my name on it. Some mistake?
Thanks
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!