Peninsular Napoleonics Not-Kickstarter!

Started by Leon, 01 May 2020, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 12 June 2020, 01:10:15 PM

That's the one, we need to make sure that we get the angle right so that the mule is completely off the ground once assembled...

Quote from: WeeWars on 12 June 2020, 01:21:22 PM
Please can all draught animals have their heads hanging with the strain of work rather than perkily standing up as if dinner is about to be served.

:-  We'll be using existing mules/oxen as dollies so I'm not sure how 'droopy' we can make them...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

I'm sure that mule cart effect can be achieved by simply tilting a standard model ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

DHautpol

Someone please alert the Donkey Sanctuary to expect another arrival; although, seriously, the way animals get treated in such situations is appalling and counterproductive because if it dies they have the expense of new one. 

Whilst the Peninsula War is some way down my to-do-list, the list of buildings did catch my eye.  I suspect I'm too late to add my tuppenceworth that perhaps the building sculpts could have similar footprints to, or be compatible with, the Total Battle Miniatures range. 

People get upset when figure ranges don't match each other but it's just the same with buildings. You see a picture of a nice bridge and then find its so large that it looks comparable to London Bridge against the houses or that a nice church turns out small enough to pass as a Crematorium Chapel.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: DHautpol on 11 August 2020, 05:00:41 PM
People get upset when figure ranges don't match each other but it's just the same with buildings. You see a picture of a nice bridge and then find its so large that it looks comparable to London Bridge against the houses or that a nice church turns out small enough to pass as a Crematorium Chapel.

You mean to say you do not have a church and a crematorium chapel for all scales you game in. :o :o

I have to confess in 20mm I have an English style church, The church at St Mere Eglise, A more European Church and a cemetery with an Ossary/crematorium.  I thought that was normal!   :-[
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sultanbev

Shedman

Matt Bradley has posted several Peninsula War Scenarios for Bloody Big Battles at bloodybigbattles@groups.io

They can be found in the files area under /1789-1815 Napoleonic Wars/Peninsula 1808-1814

These are

• Bussaco
    Corunna
    Espinosa
    Medellin
    Talavera
    Tudela

Leon

Just a quick update on the Peninsular project to keep everyone informed as to where we are with things. 

Our sculptor (Tony) is still looking after his father in Somerset and hasn't been able to start on the sculpting side of things yet.  The initial diagnosis was that this would essentially be end-of-life care but the good news is that his father has recovered well and they're now looking at getting some social care in for a longer-term solution.  Tony's also working on converting a large shed into a workshop so that he can resume sculpting from his dad's house.  We're not sure on timescales at the moment but we'll let you know as soon as we have more info.

We also found out today that John at Ironclad had a heart attack last night and is currently in hospital awaiting test results.  He'd made a start on the buildings for the Peninsular project but obviously we won't be pestering him for those until he's back on his feet.  Our best wishes go out to John and hopefully he recovers quickly.

The current plan is to send out your pledges in batches, rather than one complete box.  If we can get the 'Add On' type stuff done (flags, buildings, wagons, civilians) we'll send those out to you first and give you something to work on.  The figures can then follow on separately when they've been sculpted and moulded.

And finally, thanks to everyone for your patience with this and we'll get your pledges sorted out as quickly as we can.  2020 just seems to be a year of absolute chaos so the sooner it's over the better I think!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Very best wishes to Tony and his Dad.....And also to John at Ironclad.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

All the best to John, Tony and Tony's Dad!

"2020 just seems to be a year of absolute chaos so the sooner it's over the better I think!" Be careful what you wish for :)

Not convinced 2021 is shaping up to be much better :(
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Steve J

Best wishes to all and fingers crossed. In the grand scheme of things, a delay in the release of the range is no big deal.

paulr

Great news for Tony and his Dad :) :) :)

Best wishes to John
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

whubble

Best wishes the families of both, take care