Napoleonic 1809 Bavarian Flags

Started by Dannyboy, 29 April 2020, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyboy

Are there any plans to add Napoleonic Bavarian Flags to the flag range to round out the Confederation of the Rhine?

Many thanks.

Jon

Leon

No plans at the moment but coincidentally I had a chap asking about these last night as well.  Once we get the Peninsular ranges done we'll see about adding these as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dannyboy

You know how it goes, a mate lures you in and you say "yeah sure, I'll do Bavarians", looks like my guys will be unflagged for a while, but as long as they are on the list, great stuff, cheers. I have'nt been on the Napoleonics page for a long time, the 1909 figures are stunning. Top work all round, ball is out the park!

Leon

Quote from: Dannyboy on 29 April 2020, 04:31:16 PM
...looks like my guys will be unflagged for a while.

Well we can't have that!  They might not be perfect but if you pop me an email I'll send you a set of the SYW Bavarian flags and you can pop those on as a stopgap until we get the proper ones done.  Can't have units wandering around the table without their colours!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

You might try an e mail to Pete Berry at Baccus 6mm. . I know his cart is closed at present after being overwhelmed by orders, but he might be willing to send you a sheet of his Bavarian flags. I have used 6mm flags on 10mm figures in the past, and they work pretty well ( sorry  Leon, but your SYW flags are actually War of the Spanish Succession, and aren't even accurate for the SYW!).  Another idea might be to look at Maverick Models?  Their stuff is pretty good, my SYW Bavarians carry their flags!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

kipt

What about the FPW Bavarian flags?

mollinary

Quote from: kipt on 29 April 2020, 08:50:47 PM
What about the FPW Bavarian flags?

Apart from two Napoleonic Leibfahne they are all 1841 patterns, and therefore too late.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Zippee

i used the ones from maaverick - look excellent, I got the 15mm versions so arguably slightly lareg but they look good.

Stuart at Maverick did offer to print them at any size I wanted if I sent him the pole measurements - but at the time the models hadn't arrived!

[/url]Flag Shot by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

Not the best quality shot, army still in the middle of basing and needs a varnish

John Cook