Can we tone down the Latest Releases on Pendraken website?

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 28 April 2020, 11:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Please have pity on those with slower connections and limit the Latest Releases on the opening page of the Pendraken website. Currently it is loading bizilliions of Latest Releases from new tools to the Ancient Indian foot officer (which I'm sure is not a new release). It's taking a lot of time and bandwidth just to get the opening page to load.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 28 April 2020, 11:22:21 PM
Please have pity on those with slower connections and limit the Latest Releases on the opening page of the Pendraken website. Currently it is loading bizilliions of Latest Releases from new tools to the Ancient Indian foot officer (which I'm sure is not a new release). It's taking a lot of time and bandwidth just to get the opening page to load.

That's a bit odd, as most of those are new releases!  It's pulling in all sorts there with ACW's, WWI's, Sci-Fi and some army packs that we've been doing for 10 years or more.  I'll ask our webguy and see if can do a full reset on it, otherwise I have to go and click a button on each individual product...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Just to update on this, we've found that there's a minor bug adding things to the Latest Releases section whenever I update a product.  So if I edit a description, add a picture, mark something 'out of stock', it's also putting them into the releases.  I've removed them all manually this past weekend so it's only the actual releases showing now!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021