WWII Painting Guides from J.A.D Designs!

Started by Leon, 26 April 2020, 11:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 April 2020, 11:06:00 PM Last Edit: 08 February 2023, 01:56:46 PM by Leon
Jason at J.A.D Designs has started doing some WWII painting guides for us, starting with the Soviets and the Italians.  These can be downloaded here:

Soviet: - here!
Italian: - here!

You can see more of Jason's work on his website here: http://www.quarks-bar.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Wow! These will come handy!
Thank you for sharing these.

Shutuphippie

Howdy all,

Any German painting guides out there for scilily or Italy 1943?

Cheers
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

sultanbev

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 10 December 2022, 09:28:14 AMHowdy all,

Any German painting guides out there for scilily or Italy 1943?

Cheers
Something I'm doing at the moment. From the little I've seen, just take late war and early German painting guides, mix them up with Afrika Korps, and that works for the infantry.
So you can have earlier dark grey top with sand yellow pants, or the later green jackets with dark grey pants, or all in desert sand colour, or any such combination. or just use your existing early war Germans anyway. Mixed uniforms within units would be normal.

Vehicles appear to be mostly all plain sand yellow before they started adding the green and brown stripes/spots/swatches, or older vehicles still in the panzer grey.

Mark

Shutuphippie

Thanks Mark, I like the idea of mixing up the uniforms to add some variety to the infantry
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!