WWII Italian

Started by Leon, 26 April 2020, 12:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The latest batch of painted vehicles arrived from Jason at J.A.D Designs this week, including all of our WWII Italian vehicles.  These look excellent in the desert colours, so hats off to Jason for his work here.

Incidentally, if anyone knows the proper designation of the command truck in ITA19, let us know!  I can't seem to find any pictures online of anything similar, so I'm not sure of the original manufacturer or model name/number.

You can see more of Jason's fantastic work on his website here: http://www.quarks-bar.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 26 April 2020, 12:34:37 AM
Found this here https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/544020829982091778/
Italian radio van built on the chassis of the truck "Dovunque 35".

How do ITA8 & ITA19 compare :-

Thanks for the links Paul, that's about the closest I've seen to it so far!  It's the quartered windscreen and the weird shelf below that I can't seem to replicate on any WWII truck I've seen, so I'm curious as to what the designer used as his reference material.  Our model was made somewhere around 15-20 years ago though, so we don't have any info in our files anymore.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

SPA Dovunque 35 (allegedly, I'd like to see the front!) radio truck from above

Standard lorry version

There is also an SPA Dovunque 41 whose front looks more like your command van (IMHO)

I think the Italian truck (ITA8) is a 35 and the command truck a 41
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ithoriel

Another couple of shots of what looks to be the same style of van Paul linked

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Thanks for the pics, those are all looking close.  The 8 wheel setup is definitely the same, with the spares hidden behind those arch covers, and the 4-pane windscreen might just be over-exaggerated dividers on a regular sectioned windscreen.  But then ours seems a lot more rounded and 'pug nosed' than the Dovunques in those pics... 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Agreed !

Cheers - Phil.

Noktu

These look very inspirational!

Ithoriel

26 April 2020, 04:35:52 PM #9 Last Edit: 26 April 2020, 04:43:01 PM by Ithoriel
Obviously too tired when posting in the wee small hours - Dovunque 41 image should have been

Rounded, slightly protruding nose and split windscreen - though possibly only on drivers side(?).

There was another image I forgot to bookmark.

brb :)

Ithoriel

Ithoriel

... and some SPA Dovunque 35's with Breda 20/65 autocannons

Italian mobile AA guns .... one for the request queue? :)

"Dovunque" just means "cross country" or "go anywhere" - apparently.

sultanbev

Leon - You have got the two Semovente 75 the wrong way round - the model with the longer barrel is the 75/32, the model with the shorter barrel and pepperpot muzzle break is the 75/18. ITA17 and ITA16 respectively,
Mark

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 26 April 2020, 07:01:25 PM
You have got the two Semovente 75 the wrong way round - the model with the longer barrel is the 75/32, the model with the shorter barrel and pepperpot muzzle break is the 75/18. ITA17 and ITA16 respectively.

Fixed!