Our second e-game

Started by FierceKitty, 21 April 2020, 04:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

The end of Madhism. The besiegers retreated from Khartoum a few days later.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

21 April 2020, 10:32:47 AM #16 Last Edit: 21 April 2020, 10:43:23 AM by FierceKitty
Gordon was received as a hero on his return to England, and with the fall of Gladstone's government was soon considering standing for PM, with Her Majesty's support. Sir Percy MacHogg, General, regrettably had not hidden his guilty liason with Lady Priscilla, and the Queen refused to receive or decorate him. The Royal Society expressed public disappointment that Sir Harold Chalmers, Colonel, Coldstream Guards, had not brought back any specimens of natural history as requested in the pre-game briefing, and his prospects of election to the society are said to be poor. Lady Priscilla was last seen carrying a very large diamond away from Kimberley in the presence of her trusty scout Hannes ,Grootpiel' van der Merwe.

The game ran much more smoothly than the previous one, though one player whom I shall not name would do well to wake up when giving orders, and stop trying to move troops who have already moved, or to give orders to those he doesn't command. To be honest, he complained about being unable to orient himself - in a march column following the Nile south! Lee supplied about a hundred photographs and two videos, and I provided a labeled map, so I must conclude there are some defective intellects in the world.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Kitty is always SO polite  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I'm a cat, you know.

I liked the exchange in Dr Who after the old geezer has been telling Jasmine how wonderful he thinks she is:

She: You're alright too.

He:  I've been saying all those lovely things about you, and that's all you can reply?

She:  I'm from Yorkshire, remember? That was a love letter!