Our second e-game

Started by FierceKitty, 21 April 2020, 04:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

1) Opening march. The Tommies and Gyppies weren't allowed out of column until enemy action began. It's a long march to Khartoum, and they'd elected to go the long route (since that meant there was water all the way).

2)  Fuzzy appeared too soon, and the players had plenty of time to respond, with no other threats. In fairness, they did all the right things.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

3) Such as forming a line to face the Hadendowah, while turning their flank. There turned out to be more Fuzzies behind the camels, but a strong cavalry attack (that's Sir Percy MacHogg leading the 21st) swept them away.

FierceKitty

I'll post more later. I need help resizing the pictures.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

The camelry are converted Pendrakens, btw.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

4) Forming a line to face the Hadendowah, while turning their flank.

FierceKitty

For reasons unknown, the Imperial forces continue to advance, instead of deploying and bringing up their guns and the rest of the lobsters. They got away with it, but if there was a stage at which a good roll on the troop generation table for the Madhists would have played merry Hell, this was it.

FierceKitty

Lady Priscilla ffeatherstone of FotheringHay had gone off to visit an old flame, the governor of Suakin. He lent her a troop of Bengal Lancers the next morning, and here they come.

FierceKitty

Outnumbered three to one, and taken in rear, the Beja horse had no chance. A certain Mr Churchill, war correspondent, was lightly wounded in the engagement.

FierceKitty

More Fuzzies came out of hiding here, but again in isolation and far away.The Malik is about to land a party of rough, tough, jolly sailor men, reeking of rum, tar, and parrots, and rotten with pox and scurvy. And a heavy naval gun. Allah, I was too generous by far with the scenario for the infidels!

FierceKitty

With a party of Ansar spearmen turning up, the rebels began to form a bit of a line. If only there'd been a few in the village too!

FierceKitty

The Coldstreams shot the first line of Fuzzy Wuzzies into disorder, and the Abu Klea Dragoons broke them on first contact, going on to rout the spearmen to their rear, who'd been badly shot up by the naval forces.

FierceKitty

The Madhi himself turned out to be present, and he threw himself into action in hopes of stopping the 21st. But the 13th Bengal won the war at this point with a dismounted volley that dropped him as he charged. The Expected One was no more!

FierceKitty

The Ansar stopped just short of catching the Egyptian Camel Corps, who had not deployed and dismounted. The melee would have greatly favoured the natives, but bad news had travelled fast.