How are we getting through it?

Started by Leon, 19 April 2020, 10:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

And Phil, you're clearly hiding your hair in the hat. That's not Von though, that's your great grand neice, once removed, of course. Sprightly young lady... comparatively speaking...

Techno

Oh poop.....There'll be the chance of having one of those in the next few years. X_X

(I really dislike the fact that I'm classed as a Great Uncle to my nephew's boys.......I won't even allow them to call me Uncle. ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

Macsen Wledig

sooooo...now onto basing of the Roman British project for the 1st batch of figures painted up. its a labour of love

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 19 June 2020, 07:03:22 AM
Oh poop.....There'll be the chance of having one of those in the next few years. X_X

(I really dislike the fact that I'm classed as a Great Uncle to my nephew's boys.......I won't even allow them to call me Uncle. ;D ;D)

Cheers - Phil

It's just that because you're so great?

Quote from: Macsen Wledig on 19 June 2020, 08:56:04 AM
sooooo...now onto basing of the Roman British project for the 1st batch of figures painted up. its a labour of love

:D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I'm just sitting at two screens waiting to trace one of you lot, just to get an answer phone AGAIN. But we are all doing very aparently.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

flamingpig0

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 June 2020, 10:31:31 AM
I'm just sitting at two screens waiting to trace one of you lot, just to get an answer phone AGAIN. But we are all doing very aparently.

I have to say the Dominic Cummings organised  scifi dystopia is a little underwhelming- there isn't even an underdressed Jenny Agutter in it.
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

She is abit old these days
Quote from: flamingpig0 on 07 October 2020, 04:07:37 PM
there isn't even an underdressed Jenny Agutter in it.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 07 October 2020, 04:07:37 PM
I have to say the Dominic Cummings organised  scifi dystopia is a little underwhelming- there isn't even an underdressed Jenny Agutter in it.
Isn't she a Nun now - or something?

Techno II

Last time I saw her on the TV, she was. ;)

Cheers - Phil

John Cook

We are going to get though it this Christmas on the proviso that 'People should exercise a high degree of personal responsibility'.   So, we are ****** then.

T13A

Seems to me to be a complete ducking of responsibility by our so called leader. Will he take personal responsibility for deaths when they go up in January - I doubt it somehow.

What doesn't seem to be discussed in the media is that it only takes a small minority of people not following the 'guidance' and acting irresponsibly to screw the rest of us.

Just my tuppence worth.

Stay safe.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Orcs

Quote from: T13A on 16 December 2020, 07:36:44 PM

What doesn't seem to be discussed in the media is that it only takes a small minority of people not following the 'guidance' and acting irresponsibly to screw the rest of us.

Unfortunately round my way, it is most often  teenagers and twenty somethings from  a particular part of the world that are the main culprits of not following the guidelines.  Due to the current political climate  pulling them up would result in all sorts of claims of harassment etc. They are not the only ones, but by far the majority

We had a number of colleagues take a release scheme at work and one of the company pensioners came along to the leaving do repeatedly saying " its all down to herd immunity" and "We have all had it and we are fine cos we keep fit". " I came back from Spain three weeks ago  (when it was blacklisted) and I stayed in for a couple of days but then I got bored so didn't bother any more"

He was from the same culture as the ones we see breaking the rules round her.  - Strangely this is the same culture that has the second highest death rate from COVID 19. So perhaps there is justice after all.   

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Almost the exact opposite round my way, Orcs.

Teenage to middle-aged "white folks" seem to be the main culprits. Older locals and BAME folks of all ages masked and making liberal use of hand gel dispensers.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

For a full lockdown to be fully effective, you need the full support of the population. I think it is a realistic acceptance by the nations' governments that the people's morale is down and that a full lockdown is therefore unlikely to get the same level of public support experienced earlier in the year. I think it is also a recognition by our leaders that there is little they can do if a significant proportion of the population decides to meet up with their families regardless of any measures they might decree.

Ignoring those who are not the sharpest tools in the box (and so struggle to understand lockdown rules or the gravity of the crisis), and the conspiracy theorists, I like to think the public will be ready to give their full support again to measures designed to restrict the spread of this bug as long as they get their 'morale' break. Unfortunately, this means there will be an increased infection rate, increased pressure on the NHS in the New Year and sadly, additional casualties. That is the sad reality for the early part of 2021.  Obviously I hope I am wrong. 

In the meantime, all the rest of us can do is to follow the nations' governments advice and be as careful as possible until this 'festive' period is over. 

Stay safe everyone.   
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno II

Seconded.

Don't let this start getting political, Gang.

Cheers - Phil