Proxy figures for early French Hussars

Started by Scorpio_Rocks, 18 April 2020, 05:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio_Rocks

Hello chaps,

Anyone have an opinion on which figures would be best to use for early French Hussars (Mid 1690's)?

Thinking one of these:
30yw - YW4 - Croatian arquebusier
     OR
LOA - LOA41 - Dragoons in fur hats
     OR
SYW - SYB23 - Light Dragoons
     OR
SYW - SYP30 - Bosniak lancers (obviously minus the lance)

OR something better?
I realise any of the Seven Year War Hussars are "wrong" due to them wearing the pelisse which wasn't worn by the French (actually "Croats" who deserted from Austrian service) at this time.

Any help gratefully received,
TIA
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Leon

The SYP30 Bosniak's look the closest to me, along with some of the 16th C. Polish maybe, codes P11 and P12:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

They were taking heads surprisingly late in history. Could be a colourful indentifying touch.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Scorpio_Rocks

20 April 2020, 05:45:05 PM #3 Last Edit: 20 April 2020, 05:57:49 PM by Scorpio_Rocks
Thanks Leon!

Looks like I will have to email you a custom order (I wont need a full pack of Polish commanders)
EDIT: Sent

@FierceKitty - now there is an idea! will pass it on to my painter
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

toxicpixie

Cor, those Bozniaks are handy! Wish I'd seen them last week when I ordered :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting