Cossack defeat

Started by FierceKitty, 14 April 2020, 04:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I)   Cossack ambushers realise they chose rather an obvious bit of cover, and are directly in front of a large Janissary unit too.

2)  Tartars and Sipahis of the Porte crush Don Cossack LC.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

1)  Crunch time for the Cossack left flank. I'd intended this to be my main attack, but, as the previous two pictures show, it was already going wrong

2)  My gun waggons performed disgracefully, even after the rain had stopped.

FierceKitty

1)  Asian feudal Sipahis and Turkmen Akinji wipe out one of the few disciplined units I had.

2)   Counter attack. Hetman Bogdanovich leads our HC and smashes the Turkmen, at the cost of his own life. The Asian Sipahis, however, carved up a big unit of axemen at this stage.

FierceKitty

1)  Dellis ride down the Plastun. I wasn't expecting to win this one.

2)  The Cossack left flank, going fast.

FierceKitty

At close of play I had my waggons left and nothing else; if it hadn't been for the rain and a Turkish ammunition shortage which neutralised their guns, I'd have lost those too. Fortunately the Turks decided they had had enough at about the same time as the battered Cossacks, and both sides retreated. It may be that the Turks didn't realise in the mist that there were no enemies left facing them!

Techno

Awwww....If only they'd known.....Then you could have formed the wagons into a circle.....And that tactic always works....Doesn't it ? :-\

Well...I've seen it on the tele. ;)

Good looking scrap again, Alexander !

Cheers - Phil. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

So long as it was fun..
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

We are now setting up the battle of Kittipore, 1576.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 16 April 2020, 04:01:15 AM
At close of play I had my waggons left and nothing else; if it hadn't been for the rain and a Turkish ammunition shortage which neutralised their guns, I'd have lost those too. Fortunately the Turks decided they had had enough at about the same time as the battered Cossacks, and both sides retreated. It may be that the Turks didn't realise in the mist that there were no enemies left facing them!

Great report, looks like good fun. Must get my 15mm Renaissance stuff an airing.

So your relief at a draw was shortlived.  Lee won again.

Congratulations Lee
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report, well played Lee
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

16 April 2020, 10:48:59 AM #25 Last Edit: 16 April 2020, 11:27:37 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: Orcs on 16 April 2020, 09:28:55 AM
Great report, looks like good fun. Must get my 15mm Renaissance stuff an airing.

So your relief at a draw was shortlived.  Lee won again.

Congratulations Lee

Thou speakest the thing which is not. But she's giving me a rough time in a Mogul battle right now (assisted by my overlooking a critical move until it was too late).

FierceKitty

Well, I took a right old paddywhacking there. Even lost my camp when my own levies looted the baggage as they fled the field.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Nah.....Foregone conclusion.  ;)

Cheers - Phil