Producing PPE against Covid-19

Started by Leon, 07 April 2020, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

industrialtrousers

Absolutely marvellous. It seems daft that there hasn't been a general call for very school tech in every school that has a 3d printer or laser cutter to start banging them out.

Great stuff.

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 08 April 2020, 03:24:45 AM
Sorry to hear that, I'm not sure how we'd get them over there but I'm certainly willing to help if possible.

The masks are all polypropylene and acetate so they should be OK to be sterilised and re-used in theory.

Thank you very much Leon - I am awaiting the Minister's Private Office to get back to me on the status the shipment of PPE (5 million pieces) shipment sent in on the 4th.  When it will get to the Wards.   Will get back to you if needs must.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Fantastic stuff  :-bd

Quote from: industrialtrousers on 08 April 2020, 08:21:54 AM
Absolutely marvellous. It seems daft that there hasn't been a general call for very school tech in every school that has a 3d printer or laser cutter to start banging them out.

Great stuff.

I know at least two of the secondary schools near me have been doing this and from Facebook that other schools around the county are also manufacturing them. 

I guess it's entirely down to availability of resources, the capacity to manufacture, a means of safe delivery and a place to send them.
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

paulr

Well done Wulf =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

They appear to be doing something similar in parts of the US

The coordination between groups with the needs and individuals/groups with the means to help seems to be a significant challenge
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi

Just wanted to add my belated 'well done' to Pendraken and all the others helping out.  :-bd

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 08 April 2020, 06:41:21 AM
A school technician (and husband of my co-worker) is 3d printing facemask straps & using the school laser cutter for the perspex screens. But the 3d print takes HOURS per strap... So I joined in. 10 of them on the way this morning...
[/URL]

Great stuff Wulf, it was a 3D printing guy who put us onto this in the first place so great to see so many people helping out all over the country.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

A very personal and heartfelt thanks to Leon and the Pendraken  team.   

Do you intend to put the Go Fund Me link on the Forum ?

James

Leon

We will be yes, should have it ready later tonight.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Update on the PPE production, Veterans In Crisis Sunderland came down today to pick up 200 face shields, which will be going out to all of the GP Surgeries in Sunderland. Yesterday we dropped 100 at Teesside Hospice and 50 went to the Phlebotomy Dept at James Cook University this morning.

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

We've had a lot of people asking if they can donate towards the costs on this, so we've set up a GoFundMe page to raise the £650 needed for the next batch of materials.  This will give another 2000 shields and keep us going for the next 3 weeks.  Hopefully things will have calmed down by then and the traditional supply routes can kick back in.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/producing-ppeface-shields-for-the-northeast

steve_holmes_11