AT gun bases

Started by GordonY, 03 April 2020, 05:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

I had a shufti through the rules and found I couldnt fin a base size for AT guns (or ANY guns come to that) I really cant see a 25pdr (or an 88) and crew fitting on a 50x25. So whats anyone else done?

Gordon

Leon

Quote from: GordonY on 03 April 2020, 05:41:07 PM
I had a shufti through the rules and found I couldnt fin a base size for AT guns (or ANY guns come to that) I really cant see a 25pdr (or an 88) and crew fitting on a 50x25. So whats anyone else done?

Page 6 is the Basing info, with artillery going on 50x50mm bases.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Big Insect

Generally with AT guns - smaller man-handled ones - you could probably get away with a smaller frontage base - but remember each model represents a number of guns & crew.
So in 10mm you might put a couple on the 50x50 base.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Steve J

Smaller ATGs, such as 45mm, I fit on a 25mm x 25mm base. Bigger ones, such as Pak 40, on 25mm x 50mm and anything bigger on whatever looks right.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Mine are on 30x30 bases in 6mm.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GordonY

Yep it all sounds familiar and sensible. Not really a big fan of AT guns although my BKC v1.0 Italians had a metric shedload of them (many more than I could actually field) Butr then again that army was bought as a job lot and I had mo input as to its makeup.

Gordon

Big Insect

Often the way with other people's re-purposed armies - did they sell the guns to other nations? Maybe they could be the start of a new force - although it does depend what the crews looked like I suppose  :)
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.