Possibly Incorrect Site Image?

Started by Stewart, 30 March 2020, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Hi All,
I've just taken delivery of the Blitzkrieg Commander Starter set, German Army - NW Europe and I'm trying to sort the figures.

I'm trying to use the website to fit the units together and I'm confused about GRF13 and GRA11

German Infantry, GRF13 - MG42 team (3) (formerly code GR4)
The soldier in the centre of the image, appears to be holding a shell.

German Artillery, GRA11 - PAK 40 75mm AT gun with crew (2) (formerly code GR38)
The soldier on the right of the image appears to be holding something
which is not modelled, to me it looks like he should be against the MG42.

I assume these are just accidentally swapped?

Any thoughts would be handy  :)

Leon

The MG is definitely the wrong contents, the shell guy should be down with the AT gun instead.  I need to get all of the WWII infantry blackwashed and new photos done, asap.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

And as that was your first post.....A very warm welcome to the forum, Stewart.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

30 March 2020, 04:29:17 PM #4 Last Edit: 30 March 2020, 04:40:58 PM by fsn
Hello Stewart.

Glad to see someone doing a proper period. Please post pictures when painted (of the figures ... not of you.) Have you got a particular unit in mind? Mine are 21st Panzer, with a few Tigers from 503rd Heavy Panzer Bttn.

Before I found Pendraken, my 20mm WWII were based on Arnhem so my Panthers came from 9th SS, but when I moved to Pendraken, I changed to Normandy, August 1944, and 21st Panzer was a good foil for my Guards Armoured.  

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Stewart

Thanks everyone, for the friendly replies.

@fsn . I haven't got a clue what I'm doing TBH, I've just become tired of never having the space to set up for 1/72 (most of my current WW2 collection).

I do tend to prefer West front stuff, though..

I've not got anyone to play with yet, so they are mostly going to be pitted against my NW Europe brits (the other starter set) in some generic
post Normandy scuffle in the bocage so I can get my head around the rules.

All being well, Then I'll figure out which events I want to be covering.

fsn

Bocage? I tip my hat to you, Sir.  :o Too many hedges and sunken roads for my liking.

I hope you have great fun.

I would say if you do want help with anything wargaming, there are lots of people on here who are very knowledgeable. There are also some fantastic painters who know about the difference between painting 20mm and 10mm, and the chap who wrote BCKIV also makes his presence felt midst the mortals to give advice on knotty rule conundrums.

Dive in, enjoy the vibe. Post often! With pictures!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!