The Pendraken gets through

Started by Sunray, 30 March 2020, 11:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

It was eerier quiet for a Monday morning. No vapour tails 5 miles up - that should make Little Gretta very happy.   A beautiful crisp morning, birds singing, new born lambs bleating - I even heard/saw the first bumble bee of 2020.   

Then rev of a small red van up the lane.   It was the mail man.

He threw a small padded packet on the grass.  "They are still churning out the 10mm in Teesside !" he explained. 

The one stop Pendraken shop had got through !

Many Thanks to Leon, family and friends .   :)

Smoking gun

That's good, my Peter Pig 15mm order came this morning too. These small wargames companies are doing a sterling job keeping us supplied.

Regards,
Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Leon

Great stuff James, good to hear that they arrived safely.  Sorry we ruined that lovely morning as well, it sounded quite peaceful until that Royal Mail van rocked up...!   ;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 30 March 2020, 11:40:09 AM
It was eerier quiet for a Monday morning. No vapour tails 5 miles up - that should make Little Gretta very happy.   A beautiful crisp morning, birds singing, new born lambs bleating - I even heard/saw the first bumble bee of 2020.   

Same here James :).....No con-trails over Techno Towers.....and we're under the direct 'Heathrow/Gatwick/whatever to New York' flight path.
Was only thinking this morning.....Haven't seen a 'Bumble', here yet......I'll keep my eyes peeled. :)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Amber one Phil, controlled from Preston -  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Here in Runcorn, something odd has happened. The sky has gone blue. This is distressing the locals who want it back at its normal grey-green.

Also, there are no aeroplanes heading for Liverpool airport. I miss waving at the pilots.

I did see a bee this morning. Looked very lost and confused. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I got my order through too. Thanks all at Pendraken Towers.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

I got a delivery today as well.  >:<

Now restocked with 30x50 bases. I've also decided that 5kg is not quite enough British 1944, so I've added some Achilles.

And ARVs.

And OP tanks.

And a dedicated 1944 carrier platoon, not just use the 1940 one.

And a few AVREs - of course.

Crew for SPGs.

If the lockdown goes on for much longer, I'll be skint. Skint-er.    :(

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 30 March 2020, 04:33:14 PM
Looked very lost and confused. 

No, No, No, No, No X_X.......You're as bad as Ian, Nobby.......It's "Dazed and confused"

Does no-one else have any Led Zep albums.  =)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

fsn

:P

Be pleased I didn't post Sadboyprolific. That sounds like someone talking over a guitarist tuning up.

mmcv

Alas, my order is still in transit, though a crate of wine did arrive today so not all's bad ;D

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 30 March 2020, 04:54:03 PM
Be pleased I didn't post Sadboyprolific. That sounds like someone talking over a guitarist tuning up.

That reminds me of something the kiddies used to play at the EE.....The guitar appeared to have been deliberately tuned a quarter to a semi-tone 'flat'....
It was AWFUL.

"You find that musically offensive, don't you, Phil ? "......"Yes....switch it off !"

Quote from: mmcv on 30 March 2020, 05:32:30 PM
Alas, my order is still in transit, though a crate of wine did arrive today so not all's bad ;D

OI ! ...You're in quarantine....Go away ! (spreading your germs).....Seriously....Hope you're not feeling too bad, Matey.  :)

Cheers - Phil. :)

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 30 March 2020, 05:44:36 PM
OI ! ...You're in quarantine....Go away ! (spreading your germs).....Seriously....Hope you're not feeling too bad, Matey.  :)

;D my quarantine is just about over, feeling a fair bit better if a little tired still. It's my poor wife whose suffering it now. With the illness that is, not because she's married to me!

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 30 March 2020, 04:54:03 PM
:P

Phil, I have to say I would rather be lost and confused with these young ladies than Dazed and confused with Led Zeppelin.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Mark.....Please tell me I don't have to listen to the above.

(Oh...alright...I gave it a chance....... I've heard a lot worse......To quote H2G2....Mostly harmless.....But I'll stick with Led Zep. ;))

Cheers - Phil