Rapier Miniatures

Started by Ithoriel, 02 April 2020, 03:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Having dropped in to the site from time to time waiting for them to reopen I went in today and was greeted with

Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site.

We can't connect to the server at www.rapierminiatures.co.uk.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
    Check your network connection.
    If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

Anyone any idea if this is down to the creation of the long heralded new website or if the company has succumbed to problems, corona-virus related or otherwise, and folded?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Ithoriel on 02 April 2020, 03:30:41 PM
Anyone any idea if this is down to the creation of the long heralded new website or if the company has succumbed to problems, corona-virus related or otherwise, and folded?

I've not heard anything about them closing down, so I'd suspect it's either a Corona related issue (maybe they can't turn off their shopping basket so turned off the site completely?!) or just technical problems with their hosting.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Their Facebook page says the new website should be up by the end of February.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Hang on....February ?

My watch says it's April......Which year are we talking about ?

Cheers - Confused of Wales. 8-}

Ithoriel

The latest on the website, while it was still available, updated that to end of March.

I need a couple more packs of donkey carts ... and one or three other packs :)

If only Rapier would re-open and if Microworld would release their Sumerians too I'd be a pig in clover.

Currently working on a small ziggurat as an alternative outlet for my Sumerian related enthusiasms.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Glorfindel

>>Currently working on a small ziggurat as an alternative outlet for my Sumerian related enthusiasms.

I know that you are probably thinking of 6mm (Rapier / Microworld) but, if you are interested in
a slightly larger size, you might want to look at Steve Barber's 10mm Sumerians ?   Very nice
figures.

https://www.stevebarbermodels.com/store/-c36538641

Apologies if you have already seen these.

Phil

Ithoriel

Thanks Glorfindel.

I was aware of Steve Barber's 10mm figures but went with 6mm as it was easier to get away with "paint conversions" for the many, many troop types nobody makes yet, for the period.

I already have stacks of 6mm.

If I ever get them all painted I'll have two Sumerian armies of just over 500 infantry and 25 chariots each ... that I'm already planning additions for*, hence this query ... plus Old Kingdom Egyptians, Elamites, Melukhkhans, Amorites, Gutians and Lullubi.

*We have evidence of an army fielded by the middle ranking city of Shurrupak that consisted of 700 men and 60 chariots. Fortunately I'm not planning on a Sargonid Akkadian army with it's core of 5,400 professional troops ...... not yet anyway :D