Received the All Clear!!!!

Started by Terry37, 24 March 2020, 03:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Friends and gentlemen,

I know I have been unusually quiet of late due to dealing with what could have been a very serious  and life changing medical issue. During a endoscopy procedure to determine the cause of the sever pain and nausea I was dealing with for the past 15 months they found a hiatal hernia. However, since I had no reflux or issue of that kind I was surprised. They advised me that is not uncommon as the acid only goes up the esophagus a short way with this type and is what they term a "silent hiatal hernia'. They have put me on some meds to resolve that and for the past two months I've had no issue.

But, and yes, there's always a "but" - at the same time they also found a tumor on the lower section of my stomach, and could not tell what exactly it was. It could be scar tissue from one of my bleeding ulcers, al thickening of the stomach lining or yes, cancer! After a further several weeks of test I was referred to a GI Surgeon who had more sophisticated equipment and could better get into the mass and do a proper biopsy. Of course it was a month before I could see him and another 5 weeks before I could have the procedure done. So needless to say, I really was not feeling like doing any modeling or painting - thus my absence from the forum.
r
I had the procedure done last Tuesday, the 17th, and the Lord has once more blessed me - it is NOT cancer!!! It's a toss up between scar tissue or just a thickening of the stomach lining. The relief was immense, and I was exhausted after hearing the news. But funny thing, I was not able to to sleep that night and ended up staying up reading and watching TV. Took me about 4 days to really get over the after affects of the anesthesia, and then some time to settle back into a more normal routine. But I now feel ready to get back to the hobby.

So as the Terminator once said - "I'm back!"

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Great new Terry, and great to have you back :) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

Glad to hear you are making a swift recovery!

FierceKitty

Let that be the first of many more such stories!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

pierre the shy

That's fantastic news Terry - look forward to seeing more of your amazing HoTT armies in due course  :)

Take it easy during your recovery period.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Leon

That's great news Terry, good to hear you're back in action!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Fantastic news Terry! Now get painting!  ;D

mmcv

Glad to hear that, Terry! Welcome back  :D

Techno

So pleased for you, Terry. :-bd

How wonderful to hear a bit of great news, for a change. :)
Welcome back !!

All the best - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Truly excellent news Terry.
Thank you
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Big Insect

Welcome back Terry - the wonders of modern medicine - and a new lease on life  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Of course next you are going to have....... ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021