Essential Journeys under Lock down

Started by Orcs, 23 March 2020, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Well after leaving for Night shift at 18:00 last night, I went an collected my daughter from Uni some 90 odd miles away. Got home about 11:15 this morning so I am very tired. Cup of coffee and then bed.

Traffic was obviously down a lot, but approx. 50% were cars. The rest were trucks and work vans.

Just be told our fitted bedroom is postponed for the foreseeable future.  Understandable, but highly annoying as its decorated and floorboards. Also no idea if/when bed will be delivered. It has arrived at the store but we had agreed a short delay on delivery as room was  not quite ready.

Bugger
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Big Insect

We had a note from the Allotment Association - and going to the allotment is 'officially' an acceptable journey and activity.
We have to maintain the 2 metres rule and also hand-sanitise the gate and entry code-lock upon use - but otherwise we are free to indulge ourselves.

So whilst this weather continues - early morning sessions digging and planting are the order of the day.
Then working at home for rest of day - what work is possible
Then figure painting early evening and night.
Rules writing at the weekend - along with a bit of Netflix relaxation ... a re-watch of Battle Los Angeles this weekend me-thinks.

Pure bliss.

I went food shopping at our local big Salisbury's this afternoon - the selves were pretty well stocked - a few things were missing, eggs, rice, white bread, rubber gloves, tinned vegetables, but plenty of loo roll - a very uncrowded shopping experience. I even bought the wife & her mum each a bunch of 'Isolation kick-off' flowers.
Very civilised
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.