A tale of two tank platoons.

Started by Norm, 23 March 2020, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Easy WWII rules - Neil Thomas - Wargaming, An Introduction.

A post that looks at a 4' x 3' game with just 3 tanks per side and considers some house rules for tank on tank action.

Blog LINK
http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-tale-of-two-tank-platoons.html

paulr

An interesting AAR Norm :)

Some interesting house rules that definitely improve the game

Reconnaissance by destruction is never a very successful tactic  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

As Paul says.....an interesting AAR, Norm.  :)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Interesting read Norm, thanks. Funnily enough I was just reading Neil's One Hour Wargames sample in my kindle last night and wondering if I should invest in the full book.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great report Norm.
Good date 3rd Oct
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Quote from: mmcv on 23 March 2020, 08:04:44 AM
Funnily enough I was just reading Neil's One Hour Wargames sample in my kindle last night and wondering if I should invest in the full book.

Well worth it.

bigjackmac

23 March 2020, 01:55:35 PM #6 Last Edit: 23 March 2020, 03:19:20 PM by bigjackmac
Very interesting, Norm, thanks for sharing.  The models and terrain looked great, and I always appreciate your depth of analysis.

V/R,
Jack

Norm

Quote from: mmcv on 23 March 2020, 08:04:44 AM
Interesting read Norm, thanks. Funnily enough I was just reading Neil's One Hour Wargames sample in my kindle last night and wondering if I should invest in the full book.

Thanks all.

i would get the book while it is in print. I find the rules too stripped back, but they are very stable for adding your own idea, but it is the 30 teaser type scenarios that I think are worth the cover price. I note some bloggers have started from scenario 1 and just waded through them in campaign style.

Steve J

Interesting and thought provoking as always Norm. The good is worth it for the scenarios alone, as you mention.

mmcv

Quote from: Norm on 23 March 2020, 02:51:03 PM
Thanks all.

i would get the book while it is in print. I find the rules too stripped back, but they are very stable for adding your own idea, but it is the 30 teaser type scenarios that I think are worth the cover price. I note some bloggers have started from scenario 1 and just waded through them in campaign style.

Yeah played a quick test game at lunch but was somewhat distracted so need to try another. Don't think the rules will be right for me but the scenarios may be interesting.

petercooman

Very nice!

I have used the 'introduction' rules for ACW, but never for wwII.

Should give them a look!!