From The Early Days of Techno

Started by sunjester, 22 March 2020, 11:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Now I have some time on my hands (so far all our work has been cancelled up until June), I've finally got around to painting some of the old Heartbreaker miniatures I got from Techno a while back.
The two purple wizards are for the new Frostgrave campaign we were supposed to start in April and the other two characters are for a new project I'm working, a fantasy campaign incorporating elements of Scandinavian/Finnish mythology. I guess I'll get at lot of work done on that now!

Techno

They must be 25-30 years old, now.  :'(

You're doing a very nice job on those, Graham !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Thanks Phil.

Bloody cameras! Now I can see where I missed a couple of spots on the blue-faced wizard.  >:(
That's what comes of painting without a magnifying visor!  ~X( #-o

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Very nice models! I should really get cracking again!

Big Insect

22 March 2020, 01:24:30 PM #5 Last Edit: 22 March 2020, 01:26:48 PM by Big Insect
I scour eBay for nice old Citadel, Ral-Partha or Grenadier Miniatures* miniatures - especially some of the monster types - as they are great to add into units - especially adding a 28mm scale figure into a 10mm scale base of figures. A 28mm orc type makes a great addition to a Warband base of small scale orcs,as an Ogre or Troll type.

Some of the old ranges have so much more character don't you think.

*NB: of course most of the Grenadier molds were bought by Mirliton (in Italy) - even the old Mark Copplestone 28mm C15th medieval range - which is very nice indeed.
Mirliton offer a really good mail-order service and also sell all sorts of medieval bits and pieces (spare helmets, shields and weapons etc.) and even with international postage the price of the figures is very reasonable. Much cheaper than eBay very often.

http://www.mirliton.it/
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.