Frog

Started by Orcs, 19 March 2020, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

(You're gonna love this.)

The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You sang it, didn't you? Yeah, I know you did.)

Never take life too seriously.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Good grief !

Cheers - Phil  ;D

FierceKitty

How do you apologise to a witch?

ribbit...ribbit...ribbit...
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Good God almighty! I did sing along to it though :D ;D.

Ithoriel

In my school days it was an Irishman, a Scotsman, another Irishman and a Liverpudlian hazing the new apprentice, a young Frenchman, when the foreman came in a yelled," Mick, Mac, Paddy, Wack, leave the Frog alone!"

Not at all PC these days, I'm sure.

Did like the witch one, FK!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 March 2020, 09:16:20 PM
In my school days it was an Irishman, a Scotsman, another Irishman and a Liverpudlian hazing the new apprentice, a young Frenchman, when the foreman came in a yelled," Mick, Mac, Paddy, Wack, leave the Frog alone!"

Not at all PC these days, I'm sure.

Did like the witch one, FK!

In my school days it was not a Frenchman, it was a Black person and even more politically incorrect.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I knew the bank teller as Patrick Black.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Does ANYONE have a good sense of humour on here ?  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

You're still alive, aren't you?

Big Insect

speak for yourself  FierceKitty!  :o
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 March 2020, 08:49:24 AM
You're still alive, aren't you?

Tis rumored that I be undead !!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021