Maintaining civilised standards in adversity

Started by FierceKitty, 19 March 2020, 05:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

And what's THt supposed to be.......?.....(Auto correct ?....I think not. ;) ;D ;D ;D)

Cheers - The Welsh Cornflake. :-* (I'm far too old for all this poop. ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 19 March 2020, 03:18:10 PM
And what's That supposed to be.......?.....(Auto correct ?....I think not. ;) ;D ;D ;D)

I think you mis read it
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

You bl**dy cheat !  ;D ;D ;D ;D......I've got a good mind to go back and alter it back to what you originally 'tryped'.  ;)

We can all see the fact that you changed it, Mark !  :P

Cheers, my friend. - Phil :)

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 19 March 2020, 05:39:05 PM
You bl**dy cheat !  ;D ;D ;D ;D......I've got a good mind to go back and alter it back to what you originally 'tryped'.  ;)

We can all see the fact that you changed it, Mark !  :P

Cheers, my friend. - Phil :)

You know what they say "Old age and treachery will defeat youth and Skill every time "

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mmcv

Survivalist soup

Take a portion of premade frozen minestrone soup out of the freezer.
Add frozen minestrone to pot and heat.
Open bottle of wine.
Eat soup. Drink wine. Contemplate the fall of civilisation.

Not entirely sure what all I put in the soup when I made it, looks like mushroom, carrot, black eyed peas, peppers, tomato and precious pasta. Probably some onions and garlic and some form of stock too. I mean it's soup. You put everything in a pot and boil it until it's palatable then use it as a bread dip.

FierceKitty

Viva Italia! They may have no idea of medical planning, but their soups are meaningful components of a meal.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Last Hussar

Quote from: Techno on 19 March 2020, 06:55:14 AM

(Think. .And my eyes read 'condoms', rather than cardamoms.  X_X

Chewy. Makes it last longer
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

mmcv

Quote from: Matt J on 19 March 2020, 10:35:57 PM
You have bread  :o

How! Where!

Managed to nab a bag of bagels and some pitta while the hordes were distracted by the sliced white... At this rate though I'm going to have to start making my own bread again.

Ithoriel

Quote from: mmcv on 20 March 2020, 06:45:01 AM
Managed to nab a bag of bagels and some pitta while the hordes were distracted by the sliced white... At this rate though I'm going to have to start making my own bread again.

If you can get flour you'll be doing well, if my local Tesco is anything to go by!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

You make bread with flour ?  :o

I thought it was made from a type of seaweed. :-\

(Never actually tried laverbread (?)......anyone ever tasted that ?)

But as Mike says, I'd imagine flour's one of the things that the hoarders have been stockpiling.

When we cleaned out the MIL's kitchen, after she'd gone into residential care.....There was a full bag of flour in one of the cupboards that appeared to have fossilised.
I kid you not.....It felt like a piece of breeze block ! :o :o

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Quote from: Ithoriel on 20 March 2020, 07:29:55 AM
If you can get flour you'll be doing well, if my local Tesco is anything to go by!

True, even Amazon is short on bread flour. I have half a bag of plain flour as a bag of masa harina  in the cupboard so it's cakes and corn tacos for a while!

Orcs

Nearly all flour/rice contains Weevils eggs.  So if they keep it for two long their cupboards will be full of weevils.   :D

FierceKitty

I've had laverbread. It was pretty good, too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Never had a problem with Weevils, but I alus taps me 'ard tack.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021