Covid 19 - solo gaming revival

Started by Sunray, 18 March 2020, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio_Rocks

:-w waiting for the "confirmation" email so that I can see the site...
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

hammurabi70

So am I but as it is coming to a hotmail account, which the system vilifies, it may mean using something else.  I guess that means setting up another email account somewhere.

toxicpixie

Steve, turn speed is about once or twice a day; you need only play enough to get dismembered ;)

Good luck with Hotmail. I'm on Gmail and the confirmation email had dropped to my junk mail anyway!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

hammurabi70

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 21 March 2020, 11:13:51 PM
So am I but as it is coming to a hotmail account, which the system vilifies, it may mean using something else.  I guess that means setting up another email account somewhere.

Yep - still nothing's come through.  I guess we will have to move on to PLAN-B.

toxicpixie

One person got email thru straight off and done, another seems to have hit a blank hole...

I have no idea why, I suspect ISP or mail provider level filtering so the email isn't even hitting junk folders etc :/
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Scorpio_Rocks

Still nothing here...
and I dont have a hotmail, etc type email addy
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 21 March 2020, 11:13:51 PM

Ave a butchers at yer junk folder.

hammurabi70

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 22 March 2020, 09:57:57 PM
Ave a butchers at yer junk folder.

Did that straight away; nothing.  Set up a gmail account: nothing yet!

hammurabi70

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 22 March 2020, 10:25:33 PM
Did that straight away; nothing.  Set up a gmail account: nothing yet!

Nothing received at all.  I have tried emailing support but in the current circumstances I am doubtful of that doing any good so for the moment I shall be contemplating the horizon and choosing my Desert Island Discs.

toxicpixie

Wierd. My confirmation hit Gmail OK but was in Spam. One friend had theirs thru fine, another received nada - I suspect isp/mail provider level shenanigans!

toxicpixie

hammurabi70

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 March 2020, 11:59:47 PM
Ah ha - some news on the Diplomacy site shenanigans & getting registered!

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60493

Still nothing yet but that thread is interesting and I will be following it up, although it makes it questionable as to how viable gaming on the site might be!

toxicpixie

Ridiculous thing is I was fine, a club mate fine, everyone else who tried at same time has been buggered!

There are other sites, mind, if anyone is still interested.

I'll dig 'em out?

hammurabi70

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 31 March 2020, 11:57:06 AM
Still nothing yet but that thread is interesting and I will be following it up, although it makes it questionable as to how viable gaming on the site might be!

Right, I am finally registered and have a working account.  How many of us are 'IN' now?

toxicpixie