Covid 19 - solo gaming revival

Started by Sunray, 18 March 2020, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Westmarcher on 20 March 2020, 11:56:19 AM
Having a break from selecting odd items to paint from my lead hillock and currently playing a scenario from the computer game, Combat Mission (I don't have any WW2 minis), subjecting poor Steve Holmes to regular SitReps.

It looks like a fascinating game.
I'm helping out by sending the occasional training manual.

This particular scenario looks set to end in a malestrom of white phosphorous and cold steel.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Sunray on 20 March 2020, 07:40:52 AM

What a splendid idea !  Go for it.

It is also a real treat to read Bat Reps as posted by Big Mac Jack -  always brightens up my day in isolation !  :)

My own Diplomacy box is, alas, stored in the parent's house, deep inside Locked down London.
I'll have a google about for screenshots and rules PDFs.

toxicpixie

The online Dippy link I just posted has rules summary etc and manages the game online.

Shall I set up a new game and password it, see if we can get seven people off the forum in?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

I'm in, as the bishop said to the actress.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

For Dippy? That makes three, assuming Steve is in...

Now, do I create a game of seven and hope we fill it? I've asked around my local wargames site and a couple of mates as well so hopefully even if we're not all forumit's here we'll be good...

FierceKitty

Must get seven. Pointless with too few.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Indeed. I've never been a fan with short numbers, to be fair. I'll set up a game and we can start whenever people are ready.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

hammurabi70

Quote from: toxicpixie on 21 March 2020, 02:01:53 PM
Somewhat higher scale - anyone fancy a game of Dippy?

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/

This one your preferred site?  I was going to pick this one as the recommended one in going online; now is as good a time as any.

Scorpio_Rocks

More than happy to play dippy if you will have me. Been over 20 years since i last played
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

toxicpixie

21 March 2020, 06:06:58 PM #26 Last Edit: 21 March 2020, 06:22:37 PM by toxicpixie
Yes, that's the site - and yes, you're all welcome, quicker we hit seven the better.

Game is up, it's Pendraken (id 167959) password is "darklord".

Set to twelve hour turn arounds but if people complete their moves and finalise orders it will auto finish and move on :)

I look forward to being thoroughly thrashed whatever country I am, but more about the game :D

toxicpixie

21 March 2020, 07:18:29 PM #27 Last Edit: 21 March 2020, 07:28:56 PM by toxicpixie
You should find it if you go to "Join Game" and search on pending/new games, friends, and name or number :)

As I think we're five, I'm going to invite an interested club mate in :)

mmcv

Can't say I've ever played but may join a future game when I've had a chance to peruse the rules

steve_holmes_11

Apologies Diplomacy players.
I've a busy week ahead and don't think I can commit sufficient time to this first game.