Statement about Coronavirus/Covid-19

Started by Leon, 15 March 2020, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 26 March 2020, 03:34:34 PM
The casting stations are about 3m apart, the packaging team are 6m away from everyone else, I'm in my office, etc.
Yay, huzzah for me!  Wait.. what did I do?  Was it good?!

So....As I'm the best part of 300 miles away from you..(Simply as the crow flies.).....Is that an acceptable distance ?......I need to be told....Do I need to put on a face mask when I phone Pendraken Towers ? ;).

Yes, Leon, you 'done good'.....and still are 'doing good'. :)

Cheers - Phil (Please tell Adele I think she's great...So I don't feel so intimidated the next  time I speak to her.) :)

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2020, 04:04:00 PM
So....As I'm the best part of 300 miles away from you..(Simply as the crow flies.).....Is that an acceptable distance ?......I need to be told....Do I need to put on a face mask when I phone Pendraken Towers ? ;).

Put the phone on speaker at the other end of the room and shout.

It's the only way to be sure....

Techno

Damn good thinking, Peter !

I hadn't considered that.  ;D

Just had a call from one of the neighbours....'over the road'.... (800 yards/700(?) meters away.)
"Are you and Von OK ?"....Yep, absolutely fine, Sue....."Do you need anything picking up....or any shopping needing doing?"

That was sooooo sweet.....and Sue and her partner aren't really that much younger than me and Von.

But that was a lovely thought. :) :) :)

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2020, 05:11:23 PM
That was sooooo sweet.....and Sue and her partner aren't really that much younger than me and Von.

So they saw the Parthenon being built, but not the Pyramids?  ;D

The situation is bringing out the best and worst in people, and for all the media attention on the negatives, I reckon there's a lot more good folk looking out for each other than bad.

Still plenty of idiots about though. There's always a load of them.  :-X

Techno

Quote from: mmcv on 26 March 2020, 05:22:12 PM
So they saw the Parthenon being built, but not the Pyramids?  ;D

You'll get such a slap soon.  ;)

Quote from: mmcv on 26 March 2020, 05:22:12 PM
Still plenty of idiots about though. There's always a load of them.  :-X

I liked the story (on the Beeb's site yesterday (?)....So it must be true.  ;))....Of the police trying to beak up a 'barbi', cos there were more folk gathered than 'was right'....
The folk refused....So the boys in blue tipped up the barbi, to put it out... ;D ;D ;D ;D..In Coventry, apparently.   

Cheers - Phil :)

mmcv

Only allowed to have groups of 2 people.....20 is kind of like 2...its got a 2...and 0 and 2 + 0 is 2 (I can do sums!!) so I fink it must be okay right? BBQ Time! Let's get the entire neighbourhood into a confined area, what's the worst that could happen?

A cough? No not me, it's just the smoke from the BBQ...

paulr

Quote from: Ithoriel on 26 March 2020, 03:07:12 PM
In conversation with a friend last night I realised that in the space of a few weeks I have moved from being an idle, mildly agoraphobic, slob to being a responsible citizen :)

;D ;D =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Sunray on 26 March 2020, 12:57:30 AM
There is another factor to the Keep Pendraken Open argument.  The role of your products in keeping up the morale and good mental health of a vulnerable demographic (your regular mail order customers and potential customers).  I am a pensioner with UHI asthma. (Underlying health issues).  I would not be priority in triage for a ventilator.  I will die a slow and lonely death if I connect with the virus.

That little package from Pendraken will keep me sane in isolation . This forum will keep me in the loop. I am happy to provide you Leon with such written testimony.

How many of you feel the same way?    

Absolutely agree
Arma Pacis Fulcra