Statement about Coronavirus/Covid-19

Started by Leon, 15 March 2020, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 25 March 2020, 11:35:09 PM
What was the outcome?

Postie collections are continuing for the foreseeable, no plans to reduce or stop them at all.  He also said that all post offices will be remaining open, although some may be on reduced opening hours. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 23 March 2020, 02:52:29 AM
Thanks for the reply, as long as we don't get shutdown by the government, I think we'll be OK.  I've put a few extra measures in place today to make sure that the unit and staff are all safe, so they're sorted.  For the first time in our history we'd been building a safety net in the bank account, so we've ringfenced enough for about a month's worth of bills if something serious happens.  And there's enough sculpts in the pipeline to keep the new releases coming!

There is another factor to the Keep Pendraken Open argument.  The role of your products in keeping up the morale and good mental health of a vulnerable demographic (your regular mail order customers and potential customers).  I am a pensioner with UHI asthma. (Underlying health issues).  I would not be priority in triage for a ventilator.  I will die a slow and lonely death if I connect with the virus.

That little package from Pendraken will keep me sane in isolation . This forum will keep me in the loop. I am happy to provide you Leon with such written testimony.

How many of you feel the same way?    

FierceKitty

With me in semi-retirement and thus more at home, Lee says she dreads the day I run out of armies to keep me busy. Invaluable therapy.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sunray

26 March 2020, 08:37:46 AM #33 Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 09:05:19 AM by Sunray
The key factor in the "balance of risk" is how Pendraken staff commute to work.  If it is by public transport  then its "game over".

They will have to stay at home.

If its by private means however, and they travel alone or with fellow family members, then it is in accordance with PH England's current guidelines - although this may change.

petercooman

Well, warlord games already shut down, and gw has shut down as well.

But i'm imagining these are larger companies (staff wise) so i guess that's kind of logical.

FierceKitty

GW shuts down and Pendraken is still slaving away....easy to see where the Dunkirk spirit went to.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sunray

Like I said, its comes down to two factors:

1. How the staff commute to work.

2. If workspace conforms to PH England guidelines.

I had a conversion with "the Pendraken  boss" this morning. She is a canny lass and informs me that both 1 and 2 are fully met.

Leon is on the night shift.  :)

This emergency will drag on until the summer.  Already there is concern about domestic violence, suicides and a plethora of mental health issues.   When we deal with the pressing physical health issues - the mental wellbeing will become a priority.   

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 26 March 2020, 10:51:07 AM
Leon is on the night shift.  :)

When isn't he ?....

That's the only very minor b*gger in doing stuff for 'Sir'... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He and I are awake at completely different times of the day.....

The last few times, I've ended up talking to M'Lady.....She frightens me.* :-SS :-SS :-SS

Cheers - Phil....(* If you believe that...You'll believe anything. ;))

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2020, 11:41:11 AM
The last few times, I've ended up talking to M'Lady.....She frightens me.* :-SS :-SS :-SS

She terrifies me too.  Get on her wrong side and your orders will be treated with the same  contempt of something nasty on the sole of her shoe :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: FierceKitty on 26 March 2020, 10:37:08 AM
GW shuts down and Pendraken is still slaving away....easy to see where the Dunkirk spirit went to.

Well, that's a bit of an unfair comparison and Dunkirk spirit is exactly what's going to prolong this disaster!

GW and Warlord closing down is corporate responsibility; Pendraken staying open with reasonable measures put in place, likewise  :-bd
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Techno

sultanbev

26 March 2020, 02:48:41 PM #42 Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 03:10:02 PM by sultanbev
Just been to post office to drop some orders off, they now got new signs up saying hours will be restricted to 10am-3pm from Monday and "essential business only". Apparently ebay sales and MeG sets are essential business, so that's fine.

Mark

Ithoriel

In conversation with a friend last night I realised that in the space of a few weeks I have moved from being an idle, mildly agoraphobic, slob to being a responsible citizen :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 26 March 2020, 10:51:07 AM
1. How the staff commute to work.

2. If workspace conforms to PH England guidelines.

Yep, as Adele said this morning all of the staff come to work in their own cars, and we've completely segregated the workplace so that there's no contact.  The casting stations are about 3m apart, the packaging team are 6m away from everyone else, I'm in my office, etc.

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2020, 11:41:11 AM
She frightens me.* :-SS :-SS :-SS

Quote from: ianrs54 on 26 March 2020, 12:14:43 PM
Well she terrifies  me !!  ;D :o

Quote from: Orcs on 26 March 2020, 12:32:19 PM
She terrifies me too.

And me!

Quote from: Techno on 26 March 2020, 02:39:07 PM
Huzzah, for Leon.  :-bd

Yay, huzzah for me!  Wait.. what did I do?  Was it good?!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!