Statement about Coronavirus/Covid-19

Started by Leon, 15 March 2020, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well I manage the Skaven Foundation bloodbowl team !  :'(

And the answer to all our problems is 42, but I have no idea what the question is  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

UPDATE:

A lot of small businesses are going to find it difficult over the coming months, especially with the loss of shows, and it's important to keep money circulating in our hobby as best we can.  We've seen a lot of people helping their favourite traders by placing orders and it's only fair that we do our part as well.  So, this week we will be:

- Putting £1500 into ranges of new buildings from Ironclad Miniatures, covering Peninsular Napoleonics, WWII Normandy & Indian Mutiny.

- Investing £2000 into bringing the 6mm Raiden aircraft ranges over from the United States.

- Commissioning two new painting services to help us work through the backlog of missing website photos.

- Doubling our sculptor budgets to expand our Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Modern figure ranges quicker.

We will also continue to pay all of our staff members if they need to take any time off due to Coronavirus / Covid-19. 

There are interesting times ahead, but if we help each other out we'll all get through this and back to normality.  Keep yourselves safe and support the hobby where you can!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

Well done, and that is very honourable of you.

As one of those who will be expected to work through this I am planning to place some additional orders even if I may never paint them

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mmcv

Good to hear all and hope things continue to work out for you as best they can in the circumstances. Just placed a small order myself.

paulr

Well done Pendraken =D> =D> =D>

As I mentioned on another thread at the rate I'm painting my Punic War figures I need to start thinking about my next project and ordering it from Pendraken
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Thanks for the reply, as long as we don't get shutdown by the government, I think we'll be OK.  I've put a few extra measures in place today to make sure that the unit and staff are all safe, so they're sorted.  For the first time in our history we'd been building a safety net in the bank account, so we've ringfenced enough for about a month's worth of bills if something serious happens.  And there's enough sculpts in the pipeline to keep the new releases coming!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Trying times for us all, well done pendraken in supporting our community

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leon on 23 March 2020, 02:52:29 AM
Thanks for the reply, as long as we don't get shutdown by the government, I think we'll be OK. 

Will the latest governmental pronouncements result in a shutdown?

Leon

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 23 March 2020, 11:32:38 PM
Will the latest governmental pronouncements result in a shutdown?

From the guidance we've seen we're still allowed to travel to a place of work, as the work can't be done from home (some can but obviously casting, packaging, etc needs to be on site).  We're going to move to opposing shifts though, working 7am - midnight in various blocks, to keep a max of 2 staff onsite at a time (plus me in the office). 

The government guidance is here if anyone fancies a read: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874738/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf

Last Hussar

I put I a small base order yesterday. I realise posting may be tricky. If you have to wait to fulfil it, don't worry, I don't need the money back.

Would it be helpful for cash flow if people put orders in even if it turns out they have to wait months?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 24 March 2020, 12:05:40 AM
I put I a small base order yesterday. I realise posting may be tricky. If you have to wait to fulfil it, don't worry, I don't need the money back.

Would it be helpful for cash flow if people put orders in even if it turns out they have to wait months?

We're OK cashflow wise, there's a bit of a buffer in the account which can get us through at least a month.  I can't see the lockdown going on much longer than that, and we're still able to post things out currently.  I'll check with our postie when he comes to collect tomorrow.

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 23 March 2020, 11:54:32 PM
From the guidance we've seen we're still allowed to travel to a place of work, as the work can't be done from home (some can but obviously casting, packaging, etc needs to be on site).  We're going to move to opposing shifts though, working 7am - midnight in various blocks, to keep a max of 2 staff onsite at a time (plus me in the office). 

The government guidance is here if anyone fancies a read: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874738/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf

Again very sensible steps being taken by Pendraken
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

hammurabi70

Quote from: Leon on 24 March 2020, 12:13:07 AMI'll check with our postie when he comes to collect tomorrow.

What was the outcome?