Statement about Coronavirus/Covid-19

Started by Leon, 15 March 2020, 11:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

15 March 2020, 11:07:32 PM Last Edit: 24 March 2020, 01:15:54 AM by Leon
Everybody will be well aware of the current virus breakout across the world and we hope you're all keeping yourselves as safe as possible.  With a lot of questions circulating we thought it would be worth putting out a bit of information and hopefully ease a few worries that we've seen online.

Pendraken and our workplace
Firstly, Pendraken is open and there are currently no plans to temporarily close our doors.  We are fortunate to have several members of staff working in different parts of our business, so if anyone were to become ill then we have other people who can pick up the slack and keep things ticking over.  Also, each of our staff members work independently in their own workstations, so we are able to keep safe distances (more than 2 metres) between people at all times.  We will be introducing some further distancing measures this coming week to make sure that we're keeping any potential risks to a minimum.  

If need be, we can also look at working opposing shifts and there are some jobs that can be done from home without the need to be in our premises.

We are regularly receiving advice from the government as this situation progresses and we'll make further adjustments as and when necessary.

Orders and postage
The Royal Mail have today advised that there is no risk of the virus being transmitted through the post: https://www.royalmail.com/coronavirus  They are keeping postal services running and currently there should not be any delays to your packages.  This may differ depending on where you are in the world but for now you are still able to place orders and receive them safely.

Events and shows
Many of you will have seen some smaller events cancelling this past week and more are likely to come.  As of 17th March, Salute has been cancelled and with Scotland banning gatherings over 500 people, there's a good chance that Carronade in Falkirk will be cancelled.  We'll have to see how things develop over the coming weeks but it wouldn't be a surprise to see the June events lost as well.

We're hoping that if things are under control by May/June then we'll be back on the show circuit in time for Claymore in August, but we'll keep everyone notified as things move along.

Finally, this whole situation is completely unprecedented and all we can do is listen to the experts and adapt as best we can to each stage of the process.  The loss of public events and the potential downturn in sales is going to be a tough time period for lots of businesses (not just wargaming) and we all need to do the best we can to manage ourselves through it.  If you are in the position to do so, please continue to support your wargames companies and the hobby in general.  If you've had to take time away from work then maybe make some progress on the lead mountain, give solo gaming a try or join in some online communities.  The Pendraken Forum will always be open and everybody is welcome!

And most importantly, keep yourselves safe!  Don't take any unnecessary risks and we'll see you all online for the next few months.

UPDATE - Sun 22nd March

A lot of small businesses are going to find it difficult over the coming months, especially with the loss of shows, and it's important to keep money circulating in our hobby as best we can.  We've seen a lot of people helping their favourite traders by placing orders and it's only fair that we do our part as well.  So, this week we will be:

- Putting £1500 into ranges of new buildings from Ironclad Miniatures, covering Peninsular Napoleonics, WWII Normandy & Indian Mutiny.

- Investing £2000 into bringing the 6mm Raiden aircraft ranges over from the United States.

- Commissioning two new painting services to help us work through the backlog of missing website photos.

- Doubling our sculptor budgets to expand our Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Modern figure ranges quicker.

We will also continue to pay all of our staff members if they need to take any time off due to Coronavirus / Covid-19.  

There are interesting times ahead, but if we help each other out we'll all get through this and back to normality.  Keep yourselves safe and support the hobby where you can!

UPDATE - Tues 24th March

Most of you will have seen that the UK government introduced a nationwide lockdown last night, ordering people to stay indoors and only leave the house for work, food, exercise or medical needs.  The guidance allows us to continue travelling to a place of work, so we will continue to process orders for as long as we are allowed to.

However, we are going to increase our safety measures and start working opposing shifts, from 7am - midnight in various blocks.  This will allow us to only have a maximum of 2 staff onsite at any one time (plus Leon in the office) and means that we can isolate people much better.  We will continue this until we receive further guidance from the government.

As far as we are aware, the postal services are continuing to run as normal and your parcels should arrive safely in the usual timeframes.  Please be aware though that there may be delays in different countries depending on the capacity of the postal services in your area.  Please allow a little longer once your parcel has been posted, you will definitely receive your goodies!

The government guidance is here if anyone fancies a read: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874738/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thanks Leon. I suspect there is an over-reaction on the part of some people. I advise anyone who didn't catch it to listen to Broadcasting House on iplayer as soon as possible, lots of good advice. I don't intend to change what I'm doing, no bug is going to intimidate me...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

With you all the way, Ian. :)

Cheers - Phil

John Cook

Leon, thanks for that.  As I'm in the 'at-risk' age group, I am 'intimidated' by it and have already started to change what I do.  Casual and dismissive attitudes are unhelpful at best and are, potentially, dangerous at worst.  So long as I can get my wargaming needs and red wine on-line, self-isolation will not be so bad :D

Leon

Just to update everyone, Salute has just been cancelled and will be back in 2021 instead.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Unless the rumours of a new strain of anthropophagous super-hamsters prove to be true, of course.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: FierceKitty on 18 March 2020, 01:04:20 AM
Unless the rumours of a new strain of anthropophagous super-hamsters prove to be true, of course.
I, for one, welcome our new rodentine overlords!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Alexander.......If you're going to use words that I have to look up, can you make them shorter, so I don't have to write them down before I google them. :P

(Better put in for that shot-gun licence, if that rumour turns out to be true. ;)......Eeeugh !)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

mmcv

Quote from: Techno on 18 March 2020, 07:47:36 AM
Alexander.......If you're going to use words that I have to look up, can you make them shorter, so I don't have to write them down before I google them. :P

(Better put in for that shot-gun licence, if that rumour turns out to be true. ;)......Eeeugh !)

Cheers - Phil  ;)

You can copy and paste words into Google Phil, click and drag over it or double click (or press and hold on a tablet and it'll pop up options) then Ctrl+C or right click> copy and ctrl+p or right click > paste into google.

Will save that trigger finger from RSI and keep it fit for its true purpose, shootin' dem pesky overgrown vermin!

Techno

;D ;D ;D

I really should have thought of that ! X_X

Thanks, M. :)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

I thought you knew what a hamster was!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Yes.....It's the word for a pig that's been taking performance enhancing drugs.....(The shortened version, anyway.)

Cheers - Phil. ;)

Well I thought the ruling rodents were white mice !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

d_Guy

Are these thought to have flight capabilities? That would be more frighting then I could deal with.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 March 2020, 02:15:05 PM
Well I thought the ruling rodents were white mice !

Submit before the mighty Skaven corrupting warswarm!!