Landing craft

Started by Sunray, 12 March 2020, 12:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Leon - Many moons ago you and I had a late night chat about landing craft, and you alluded to a "large box of resin LC masters" that was about the office somewhere.

Has that box ever turned up? And is there anything in it that might part us from our cash if it was coming out of a mould ? Looking for a Soviet DB craft.

Leon

Hmm, I can't recall that one?  I think the only other master we've had done over the years is a small Higgins-type craft, but it wasn't a great model and probably needs redoing from scratch.  There are a few things like this which might be 3D printing options these days, if we can find a suitable design somewhere.  I've got some plans on this front later this year, but we need to do a few experiments first!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Being rectangular boxes they are easy enough to scratch build. got quite a few done in 15 and 6....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Two things here.  One, I have a self built flotilla of Corvettes, gunboats, patrol craft and LCs.  The Sunray Shipyard is knocking out Soviet PG 117s and a list of back orders. (Did the Aircraft Carrier?) The Sunray construction unit is .....building an island based on Wake.

The  DB is not a hard build, and I think I know a shortcut.   Only so much time in the day.

Secondly, with a range of these models now available  in larger scales (Barrage Miniatures) etc,  It would be prudent to expand the 10mm "sea vessel range" in resin   for the many who don't scratch build.

Look forward to later in the year developments Leon.

GrumpyOldMan