Wehrmacht Panzershreck Standing/Kneeling

Started by Noktu, 09 March 2020, 03:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

It'd be great if we could have a german soldier operating a panzershreck from a more upward position.

Sunray

Hi Noktu

I have never had the pleasure of using the Panzershreck, but have soldiered with the Carl Gustav 84 (not a bazooka, but a RR) and the to a lesser degree other NATO and WP kit.
"Operating" = firing ? and that is not prudent in upright position for two reasons : First combat survival and secondly getting a black eye "A Charlie G shiner"
from the kick.

Could I suggest a more plausible pose would be "advancing with Panzershreck" similar to US para pose with bazooka ?  My US paras with bazooka kill as many AFVs as their prone counterparts - converted from the .30 Browning figures - so being upright works on the table.

Phil and I put the Korean War Bazooka teams in the prone position - perhaps an extra advancing figure  when the range justifies expansion ?

Does that help?

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Noktu

Spot on guys. And a point well made Sunray. I served in the anti-aircraft division in the finnish defence-forces so had very little to do even with modern anti-tank weaponry.

Mako

I'd like to see them carrying/advancing with them too, though I much prefer the prone, and/or kneeling poses when firing (prone, especially).

John Cook

It is easy enough to covert a model moving with one of these things.  Converting stuff to unique figures is very satisfying I find.  I've got moving and deployed versions most of my heavy weapons.  It's hardly a challenge in 10mm. 

Fortunately the my unit the heaviest thing I had to soldier with was an SMG, and later in my illustrious career it got even better when it was replaced by a Browning 9mm instead, which left both hands free for other things.  That is not to say that they came out of the armoury that often.  My daily 'weapons of choice' were a chinagraph pencil and a map-marking stencil.

T13A

Hi

I remember having to learn how to use a 'Charlie G' (and firing about 3 rounds if memory serves) during Op Banner training back in 1975 - go figure! :- Didn't seem quite fair as our normal anti-tank weapon was 120mm gun on a Chieftain. I do remember firing it from a kneeling position with the 'loader' physically supporting the firer.

Cheers Paul 
T13A Out!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!