As others have said we all wish your daughter and all that are at risk daily
>:< >:< >:<
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: Norm on 18 April 2020, 08:37:49 PM
I don't want to stop posting in this folder, but if it continues to be politicised, I will stop visiting.

Me too, I sick of seeing other peoples' politics being paraded here.

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: John Cook on 19 April 2020, 09:43:12 PM
Me too, I sick of seeing other peoples' politics being paraded here.

But happy to post your own earlier.  =)

And honestly, pointing out that NHS frontline staff aren't getting the PPE they need to do their job or simply to help keep them stay alive is a statement of fact, it shouldn't be dismissed as being "political."

Hope that your daughter and her workmates recover quickly and don't suffer much, James.

John Cook

Quote from: Sunray on 19 April 2020, 10:28:42 AM
My youngest daughter (she graduated with a 1st Class Hons in Nursing from QUB last December) has gone down with four other colleagues from her ward in a Belfast hospital - They have all the symptoms and have endured prolonged exposure tending Covid 19 patients with inadequate PPE.  She is also drained and exhausted  They were tested on Saturday but won't have test results until Monday.

The lockdown will not stop Covid 19 - it only buys time.  We will not eliminate this virus.  The Government failed to take this seriously. They gambled on the myth of herd immunity. They failed to prepare. They failed to test, trace, isolate. 

Don't panic moderators.  This will be my last post.   Good luck to you all. 

Sunray out.

The PPE issue is not unique to the UK.  The WHO reports that it is a global issue brought about by stockpiling, panic buying, misuse and supply simply not being able to keep up with demand.  It has nothing to do with the UK government.  

Leon

Right then folks, this one's now locked.  We've been getting various reported posts for a while now and it's just not worth any of us falling out right now.  We all know that things are difficult right now, frustrations are coming to the fore and our collective patience is being tested.  Let's all take a step back and take a breath.

It might be nice to spend some time focussing on the positives instead, so how about we switch tack and ask each other what we're doing while we're in lockdown: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19655.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!