Covid-19

Started by barbarian, 05 March 2020, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Cook

Quote from: mmcv on 27 March 2020, 07:38:21 AM
Flour hard to come by too, Amazon is cleaned out of it

Same in our local Tesco - all flour, strong, plain and self raising.  It really ticks me off that the knobs who panic buy have now caused shortages where none existed. 

fsn

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 March 2020, 03:57:42 PM
No One - but noone is Sane around here  ;) ;D
I'm Sane. It's the rest of the world that is not.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Quote from: John Cook on 27 March 2020, 04:17:07 PM
Same in our local Tesco - all flour, strong, plain and self raising.  It really ticks me off that the knobs who panic buy have now caused shortages where none existed. 

Interestingly there seems to be plenty of yeast still available, so unless they've spent the past week or two culturing their own sourdough starters they won't be making any bread with it!

mmcv

Plus, as discussed previously, they're going to have some fun with weevils in a few weeks  ;D

toxicpixie

Yeast had vanished off the shelves here by last week - B'ham evidently has people who know how to bake!

Delivered without comment, but Matt Hancock has also tested positive for Coronavirus.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And the chief medical officer.  :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Johnson should probably have NOT shaken hands with sufferers and instead kept to the medical advice.

Still, I suppose they're demonstrating the herd immunity even if Cummings is fleeing!

https://www.indy100.com/article/coronavirus-dominic-cummings-boris-johnson-downing-street-video-9430021?fbclid=IwAR3l8ZHwT3lSyuanirCPZZj9XeCodruuOjT-tY9jhU08ZSDZDRgfbQi58K4

I have "Yakketty Sax" in my head now!

The CMO is not good, here's hoping it's a mild dose :S
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

flamingpig0

Quote from: toxicpixie on 27 March 2020, 08:20:21 PM
Johnson should probably have NOT shaken hands with sufferers and instead kept to the medical advice.

Apparently he was simply lying about doing that - quelle surprise
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

toxicpixie

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 27 March 2020, 09:58:16 PM
Apparently he was simply lying about doing that - quelle surprise

Well you could knock me down with an apolitical non-comment spoon!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

flamingpig0

Quote from: toxicpixie on 27 March 2020, 08:20:21 PM

Still, I suppose they're demonstrating the herd immunity even if Cummings is fleeing!

My Dungeons and Dragons Goblin Necromancer character is based on Dominic Cummings
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Steve J

I've seen the lyrics for the Queen variant, but not heard it and they've done a good job.

Techno

They have, Steve. :)

Just been hunter-gathering in the local village.  :D

Was only going down there once this weekend.....(I'll forego the Sunday paper....That would be extracting the urine, at this time.)

The one trip got knocked on the head, when I was about to drive into the Farmers' Co-op's yard.....To get some (basically) essential bits and bobs.... 'cos of this bug'.
"Aw pants !".....Big notice at the gate....."Shop is closed to customers......Please phone in your requirements..arrange a time slot to collect....Your order will be left outside on a pallet for you to pick up."

Drive home...phone up...place order..pay

Hey - Ho !  ;)......At least I know the score now ;D ;D ;D.....And I easily got hand sanitiser.....and the gloop that James (Sunray) was suggesting.....They were even trying to sell me surface cleanser...."Thanks, Gonk (yes really)...We're fine for that at the mo' "

What a very strange World we're having to deal with, just now.

Take care, Chums - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Thought your world wuz alus strange Phil......

Restriction on wine now removed..got 6 from Lidl today (and 6 min pork pies)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

sultanbev

Ha, that Queen video is ace. And my air guitar still works a treat  :D